BUY.COM® KICKS OFF LINEUP OF HOLIDAY SEASON PROMOTIONS
Promotional Deals, Contests, and Expanded Product Roster Are Key Initiatives
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., November 24, 2006 - Buy.com today announced its lineup of holiday sales events, highlighted by a new value-add promotion for customers choosing to use Google Checkout. The offers and events will run through the holiday shopping season, which officially kicks off with the post-Thanksgiving sales rush.
In time for the holidays, Buy.com announces the following events:
"We are very excited to bring these aggressive discounts and expanded offers to our customers this season," said Doug Marrs, Vice President of Marketing for Buy.com. "We've launched a holiday promotion with Google Checkout that we think is an unbeatable value, as well as a contest that will introduce our new video review capabilities to our customers. In addition we're encouraging our customers to give back this year through our partnership with Pledge & Play. Combined we think this lineup will make for a terrific holiday season."
- A deeper discount for customers using Google Checkout on Buy.com. For a limited time in addition to the existing $10 off purchases of $30 or more, customers will now also receive $20 off purchases of $50 or more using the recently launched payment system. For more information: /google.
- The annual Buy.com 'Thanksgiving Weekend Sale' - customers can save up to 65% off hundreds of top gift items for the holidays ranging from HDTVs to digital cameras, electronics, books, DVDs, CDs and more through Cyber Monday, November 27th. For more information: /thanksgiving.
- A "Video Review" contest available to shoppers who create their own product reviews using Buy.com's video upload system. Customers who create a video before December 20th, 2006 in select categories are eligible to win a home theater holiday wish list which includes a Slingbox Pro, Motorola Q, Toshiba Satellite Notebook, Viewsonic 42" LCD HDTV and a Linksys Wireless-G broadband router. For more information: /win.
- Thanks4Giving -- a charitable partnership with Pledge & Play and GameTap whereby gamers can choose to donate in $50 or $100 denominations and in turn receive game credits from GameTap and a video game or accessory from Buy.com as a thank you for their generosity. Donations can be made at http://www.pledgeplay.com.
- Expanded product listings in categories including digital cameras, HDTVs, consumer electronics, gaming, and home & outdoor.
Buy.com is a leading e-commerce company focused on providing its customers with a positive shopping experience and a broad selection of high-quality technology and entertainment retail goods at competitive prices. Buy.com offers over 2 million products in a range of categories including consumer electronics, computer hardware and software, cell phones, books, music, videos, games, digital music downloads, toys and sporting goods. Individuals and businesses can shop quickly and easily at Buy.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. Buy.com, founded in June of 1997, is located in Aliso Viejo, California. Buy.com® is a trademark of Buy.com Inc. Buy.com currently competes with a variety of companies that can be divided into two broad categories: (i) multi-category retailers such as Amazon.com and Wal-Mart and (ii) specialty retailers or manufacturers such as Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and Dell.
For media inquiries, contact:
Carrie Altuvilla Gilmore
Thinkbig Media for Buy.com