BUY.COM® EARNS INDUSTRY ACCOLADES FOR SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
Retailer Praised For Development of Innovative Tools And Customer-Focused Site Redesign
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., December 5, 2006 - - Buy.com today announced that it has earned industry recognition for its commitment to excellence in customer satisfaction, as well as for its development of a new slate of innovative shopping tools – the result of a customer feedback initiative held over the last several months. In addition, a newly launched site redesign features highly intuitive site navigation, unique interactive product feedback capabilities, and easy-to-use competitive pricing analysis tools.
As a result of this effort leading industry publication Internet Retailer has selected Buy.com as one of the "Best of the Web Top 50 Retail Sites of 2007." In addition, Buy.com was ranked 3rd in 2006 on research company Blast Radius' Second Annual Research Report ranking "America's Best Online Shopping Experiences." Both publications cited Buy.com's willingness to develop and offer customers unique purchasing, pricing and research options as reasons for the selections.
"Buy.com represents what retailers can and should do online. Not only does Buy.com execute the basics well, it also is deeply involved in such innovations as using social networking to tighten the relationship between the company and the customer and deploying online videos in ways that engage shoppers and result in sales," says Kurt T. Peters, editor in chief, Internet Retailer.
Newly-launched site features pioneered on Buy.com and not available on other leading retail sites like Amazon.com, BestBuy.com and Walmart.com include:
- Informative Entertainment: Internally produced HD Internet TV show, BuyTV, is available for viewing on the Buy.com website, BuyTV homepage (www.buy.tv) or through partner Instant Media (www.im.com). Product segments feature celebrities, industry experts and product reviews, and is filmed directly in Buy.com’s studios.
- Advanced Interactivity: Individual product pages include auto-streaming BuyTV product segments and user-generated videos offering peer reviews for additional insight and easy comparison. Videos are easy to create and view, as a result of Buy.com's recent partnership with Grouper Networks Inc., recently purchased by Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- In-Depth Pricing Analysis: Competitive price listings are available directly on product pages, eliminating the need for customers to spend hours researching the best deals on the web or validating Buy.com’s already low prices on over 2 million products.
- Sales Call Center: Always available 800-800-0800 sales hotline provides added convenience and support for customers looking to purchase via phone.
- Google Checkout Holiday Offer: For a limited time customers can save $20 instantly off purchases of $50 or more at Buy.com when they select Google Checkout payment option.
"We've built an extremely loyal customer base by providing comprehensive information and the most competitive pricing available in a single destination online," said Doug Marrs, Vice President of Marketing for Buy.com. "We've listened to our customers, and believe we are now delivering the most rewarding online shopping experience available anywhere."
Buy.com is a leading e-commerce company focused on providing its customers with a positive shopping experience and a broad selection of high-quality technology and entertainment retail goods at competitive prices. Buy.com offers over 2 million products in a range of categories including consumer electronics, computer hardware and software, cell phones, books, music, videos, games, digital music downloads, toys and sporting goods. Individuals and businesses can shop quickly and easily at Buy.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. Buy.com, founded in June of 1997, is located in Aliso Viejo, California. Buy.com® is a trademark of Buy.com Inc. Buy.com currently competes with a variety of companies that can be divided into two broad categories: (i) multi-category retailers such as Amazon.com and Wal-Mart and (ii) specialty retailers or manufacturers such as Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and Dell.
For media inquiries, contact:
Carrie Altuvilla Gilmore
Thinkbig Media for Buy.com