Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The Limited Collector's Edition will include:
- Game Disc in box with unique art
- Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
- “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
- Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
- Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
- Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
In this long-awaited exclusive Xbox 360 title, fill the shoes of one Alan Wake, a man who makes his living from the terror of others as a best-selling suspense novelist. Trapped in the deceptively peaceful Washington town of Bright Falls, where he came to escape the trauma of losing his fiancée, Alan must piece together a mystery to prevent himself from being trapped inside a nightmarish world forever.
An intense psychological thriller from Remedy, the creators of Max Payne, Alan Wake raises the bar for future games, creating a true cinematic experience. Explore an expansive world filled with missions, unique puzzles, intense combat, and horrifying enemies. Dig into a twisting and multi-layered story filled with suspense, engaging characters, and shocking revelations.
When the wife of the best-selling writer Alan Wake disappears on their vacation, his search turns up pages from a thriller he doesn’t even remember writing.
A dark presence stalks the small town of Bright Falls, Washington pushing Wake to the brink of sanity in his fight to unravel the mystery and save the woman he loves. With the body of an action game and the mind of a psychological thriller, Alan Wake is a pulse-pounding thrill ride.
In this long-awaited exclusive Xbox 360® title, fill the shoes of one Alan Wake, a man who makes his living from the terror of others as a best-selling suspense novelist.
Trapped in the deceptively peaceful Washington town of Bright Falls, where he came to escape the trauma of losing his fiancée, Alan must piece together a mystery to
prevent himself from being trapped inside a nightmarish world forever.
- Intense psychological thriller: Alan Wake delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plot that raises the bar for storytelling in video games. The riveting story
of Alan Wake is propelled by a movie-like atmosphere, compelling situations, memorable characters, and real-time pacing. Remedy has a record of creating and developing games with unique cinematic presentation
and exceptionally high production values. Preorder Alan Wake today to obtain your Exclusive Bonus
- Light as a combat element: As Wake journeys deeper into the mystery of Bright Falls, the shadows close in around him. When darkness descends, light becomes his
only ally as he fights his way to daybreak. This poses a
severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly
gain strength from the shadows, and before long,
light itself becomes his greatest ally. Players must skillfully
combine their use of light with more conventional weapons
to stand a chance.
- Realistic, interactive environment: Set in the town of
Bright Falls, the hyper-detailed environments of the Pacific
Northwest play an important role, as even the change in
daylight and weather will profoundly affect the characters
and enemies in Alan Wake. The game’s advanced rendering
engine provides amazingly realistic environments that
bring this world to detailed life–from the lush forest of
evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildings and
streets. The world of Alan Wake is alive and real.
- Episodic narrative: The mission-based structure of Alan
Wake creates an episodic narrative similar to a deeply
structured dramatic television series, such as LOST, Twin
Peaks and X-Files. As the episodes progress, gameplay
evolves to introduce new elements and characters, escalating
the level of threat and action in the game.