The new edition of "All About the USA 1: A Cultural Reader, " by Milada Broukal, with fresh content and a friendly, full-color design, offers a classic introduction to American culture. Entertaining and informative, the second edition of "All About the ""USA"" 1 "features twenty-one units about American people, places, and events. The units are divided into seven thematic parts, each with a colorful opener to highlight the material to come. Readers expand their knowledge of the USA as they explore fascinating topics ranging from New Year''s celebrations and Labor Day to Superman and Starbucks. Features
- Colorful photos and illustrations and preview questions motivate students to read.
- Vocabulary and reading comprehension exercises build skills.
- Speaking and writing activities encourage students to expand upon the topics.
- "New" Did You Know boxes showcase fun facts about each topic.
- "New" Audio CD of the readings enriches the learning experience.
The series also includes: "All About the ""USA"" 2, " Second Edition "All About the ""USA"" 3, "Second Edition " ""All About the USA 4, "Second Edition