| They'll Never Know What Hit'em |
Every gamer knows that the latest games demands the best performance. But we don't believe in just meeting the minimum requirements, we believe in obliterating them. That's why we made sure that the Republic of Gamers (ROG) G73Jw-XB1 was jam-packed with one-of-a-kind innovation that propel mobile gaming performance to unseen levels.
Featuring the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M graphics engine that comes with a massive 1.5GB of GDDR5 VRAM, the ROG G73Jw-XB1 leads in DirectX 11 gaming for advanced tessellation and faster graphics rendering. This gaming powerhouse, powered by the Intel Core i7-740QM quad-core processor, soars while performing several tasks simultaneously. And while others struggle to find the keys in dimly lit areas, the backlit gaming keyboard gives you the edge in the dark to put you ahead of the competition. The ROG G73Jw-XB1 showcases a stealth fighter-inspired design with a unique thermal design that promotes airflow and keeps the air away from you. Plus, its 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display lets you experience the latest in high-definition entertainment brilliant 1080p playback. The ROG G73Jw-XB1 breaks from the heard of traditional gaming notebooks with built-in overclocking feature through the ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid utility – instantly giving you extreme power with a push of a button.
The ROG G73Jw-XB1 also boasts 640GB hard drive, 6GB DDR3 system memory, high-speed wireless N, Intel Turbo Boost Technology, Super Speed USB 3.0 connectivity, Bluetooth v2.1, HDMI connectivity, 2.0 megapixel camera, and Altec Lansing speakers with EAX Advanced HD 4.0 sound.
- 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display for immersive cinematic experience with resolution up to 1920 x 1080 (Learn more)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM for unprecedented DirectX 11 gaming (Learn more)
- Intel Core i7-740QM processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology to automatically boost speed to your task at hand (Learn more)
- ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid that innovatively saves battery life and delivers extreme performance (Learn more)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for quicker device charging and up to 10x faster transfers than USB 2.01
- 640GB hard drive and 6GB of DDR3 system memory for smooth computing and ample storage for all your games and media files (Learn more)
- Backlit gaming keyboard with ergonomic tilt-up design for comfortable control in any lighting environment (Learn more)
- Altec Lansing speakers and EAX Advanced HD Audio for premium gaming sound (Learn more)
|The ROG G73Jw-XB1 features the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M graphics engine for unprecedented visual performance. With unmatched DirectX 11 support, experience a totally new class of virtual interaction for more dynamic gaming. |
The ROG G73Jw-XB1 also features a fast 640GB SATA hard drive to store your movies, games, and pictures. Plus, the ROG G73Jw-XB1 offers 6GB of DDR3 system memory for incredible multitasking capability.
|The ROG G73Jw-XB1 gives you all the power you need to create digital video, 3D animation, or effortlessly play adrenaline-filled games with Intel's leading-edge processor. Powered by the Intel Core i7-740QM processor, the ROG G73Jw-XB1 outperforms other notebooks with massive memory bandwidth for the ultra-smooth multitasking performance. Featuring Intel Turbo Boost Technology, processor speed is automatically adjusted to your needs by accelerating performance to your task at hand. |
With a host of power profiles, this gaming powerhouse has a built-in overclocking mode via ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid that activates in a simple push of a button located above the keyboard that turns up system performance above its default level.
Featuring a 17.3-inch LED-backlit full HD display and Super Multi DVD drive, the ROG G73Jw-XB1 lets you enjoy the latest in HD playback for an immersive experience with sharp images, smooth video transitions, and brilliant clarity. With HDMI connectivity, turn this gaming powerhouse into your personal media center by connecting to an external monitor or HDTV and enjoy flawless 1080p HD playback on the big screen. The ROG G73Jw-XB1 is complemented with Altec Lansing speakers and EAX Advanced HD 4.0 so you can hear every detail with enhanced acoustics.
Based from the intelligent design of a US stealth fighter, the ROG G73Jw-XB1 showcases sleek design. Its internal components are specially engineered next to the rear air vents to promote air flow and system cooling.
Its gaming keyboard also illuminates to give you the competitive edge, so when others are fumbling for keys in the dark you're brightly lit keyboard keeps you a step ahead of the game. Angled at an ergonomically 5-degree tapered slant, the keyboard is also positioned for an ergonomic typing experience so you're comfortable after the longest gaming sessions.
Ranked as the #1 most reliable PC brand by 3 independent sources2, readers and editors alike choose ASUS as their trusted notebook and netbook. ASUS relentlessly strive to exceed expectations of quality to ensure you an unmatched peace of mind every time you start your PC.
ASUS backs a commitment to quality with the industry’s most comprehensive warranty.
1 Year ASUS Global Warranty3
Offers a level of coverage that would add hundreds of dollars to the price of competing laptops:
- 1 year global warranty
- 30 day Flawless Display Guarantee
- 2-way free standard shipping
- 24/7 tech support
1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW)3
Whether your notebook is damaged by accidental spills, drops, electrical surges, or fire, ASUS will fix it or replace it for you during the first year after purchase.
- Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges, and fire damage
- Target 3 business day turnaround time for repair / replacement; not including receiving and shipping time
- 1-way shipping (from ASUS to the user) at no additional cost
- 24/7 toll-free phone support
What's in the Box
- ROG G73Jw-XB1
- AC Adapter
- 8 cell Battery Pack
- Warranty Information Card
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Display: 17.3-inch LED-backlit Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-740QM quad-core processor (1.73 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz)
- Chipset: Intel HM55
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
- WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz), Bluetooth v2.1
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, 4 x SODIMM (expandable to 16GB)
- Storage: 640GB hard drive (1x HDD, 2x bays in total)
- Optical Drive: Super Multi DVD
- Camera: 2.0 megapixel
- Speakers: Altec Lansing speakers with EAX 4.0 sound
- Microphone: Digital Array Microphone
- Card Reader: 8-in-1 card reader (MMC/SD/Mini-SD/XD/Memory stick/MS Pro/MS-Duo/MS-Pro Duo)
- Input / Output: 1 x Mic-in, 1 x Headphone-out, 1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor, 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x Gigabit LAN, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Kensington Lock
- Battery: 8 cell
- Dimensions: 16.6 x 12.8 x 0.08 ~ 2.3 –inches
- Weight: 8 lbs (with 8 cell battery)
- Color: Black
© 2010 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos.
1All figures theoretical values compared to USB 2.0 benchmarks for reference purposes. Actual speed depends on device and system status.
2Rated number 1 Windows-based PC maker in PCMag.com's Service & Reliability Report 2010. Rated number 1 PC brand according to SquareTrade, the leading direct-to-consumer warranty company (for more information visit http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/ ). Rated number 1 reliable PC maker in Q2 2010's RESCUECOM report http://www.rescuecom.com/2010-2nd-Quarter-Computer-Reliability-Report.html
3ASUS reserves the right to exclude certain SKUs; check with your retailer to confirm coverage of specific models. Valid for notebooks purchased in the US and Canada only.