| Not Just another Pretty Face|
Smart, Reliable & Efficient
Powered by the 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology, the K53E-DH52 easily handles multitasking and entertainment on its brilliant 15.6" LED-backlit HD display. HDMI ready, supersize your high-definition media to an HDTV for up to 1080p visuals and 8 channel surround sound support. The K53E-DH52 is also engineered with ASUS IceCool technology with hairline brushed aluminum to maintain a low temperature on the keyboard and palm rest area for comfortable computing even after the longest sessions.
- 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology for smart multitasking that automatically senses what you're doing and boosts performance (Learn more)
- ASUS Power4Gear optimizes system performance for increased performance and longer mobility(Learn more)
- IceCool Technology makes use of superior component engineering combined with the aluminum surface, keeps palm rest and typing surfaces cool
- ASUS Palm-Proof Technology prevents accidental input by intelligently distinguishing between palm and finger contact(Learn more)
- Altec Lansing speakers enhanced with SRS Premium Sound produce crisp and clear audio
|Powered by the 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology, the K53E-DH52 handles an assortment of daily tasks with ease. ASUS Power4Gear is an assortment of power profiles selectable via the Power4Gear hotkey above the keyboard that optimizes the system for your task at hand—giving the most performance or maximizing battery life. |
|The K53E-DH52 has an array of built-in features that are specialized for ease of use. It features a chiclet keyboard with numeric keypad and multi-touch trackpad to effortlessly type documents or navigate through your mobile world. The K53E-DH52 also has a spacious palm rest with ASUS Palm-Proof Technology where the trackpad intelligently distinguishes between your palm and finger to prevent errors for a worry-free typing experience.|
With its sunken-hinge screen design, you will be able to enjoy wider and more ergonomic viewing angles, enabling greater clarity and comfort. Plus, the ASUS Power4Gear utility controls the fans noise level so you can relax with a virtually silent computing experience anywhere you go.
Compact and light, the K53E-DH52 shows off a new streamlined design with ASUS Infusion Technology to give this notebook a scratch-resistant coat with eye-catching style. Opening this mobile wonder, you will notice a highly durable premium aluminum texture around the keyboard to retain the K53E-DH52 looks and quality even during extensive, prolonged use.
The power button has a built in light indicator so whether you're in light or dark areas you always know where to find it. With the K53E-DH52, you get a chiclet style keyboard that was the recipient of the iF Product Design Award China—a coveted award given to products with outstanding quality and design. The chiclet keyboard is more than just looks. Its uniquely-spaced layout and key cap design effectively protects it from dust and crumb buildup and makes it easier to clean.
Ranked as the #1 most reliable PC brand by 3 independent sources1, readers and editors alike choose ASUS as their trusted notebook and netbook. ASUS tirelessly strives to exceed expectations of quality to ensure you an unmatched peace of mind every time you start your PC.
This notebook is also backed by the industry's most comprehensive warranty.
2 Year ASUS Global Warranty2
Offers a level of coverage that would add hundreds of dollars to the price of competing laptops:
- 2 year global warranty
- 30 day Flawless Display Guarantee
- 2-way free standard shipping
- 24/7 tech support
1 Year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)2
Whether your notebook is damaged by accidental spills, drops, electrical surges, or fire, ASUS will fix it or replace it for you during the first year after purchase.
- Covers accidental drops, spills, power surges, and fire damage
- Target 3 business day turnaround time for repair / replacement; not including receiving and shipping time
- 1-way shipping (from ASUS to the user) at no additional cost
- 24/7 toll-free phone support
What's in the Box
- AC Adapter
- 6 cell Battery Pack
- Warranty Information Card
- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Display: 15.6-inch HD display (1366 x 768)
- Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410QM processor (2.3 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel GMA HD
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz)
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM,2 x SODIMM Sockets (up to 8GB)
- Storage: 500GB 5400RPM hard drive
- Optical Drive: DL DVD±RW/CD-RW
- Camera: 0.3 megapixel
- Speakers: Altec Lansing speakers
- Microphone: Microphone
- Card Reader: 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO SDHC (SD2.0)
- Input / Output: 1 x Mic-in, 1 x Headphone-out, 1 x VGA port/Mini D-Sub 15-pin for external monitor, 1 x RJ-45 LAN, 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x HDMI
- Battery: 6 cell
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 10.2 x 1.4 –inches (W x D x H)
- Weight: 5.72lbs (with 6 cell battery)
- Color: Mocha
© 2011 ASUS Computer International. All Rights Reserved. ASUS is a registered trademark of ASUSTeK Computer. All specifications and terms are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers on selected models. Products may not be available in all markets. Product may not be exactly as shown in photos.
1Rated number 1 Windows-based PC maker in PCMag.com's Service & Reliability Report 2010. Rated number 1 PC brand according to SquareTrade, the leading direct-to-consumer warranty company (for more information visit http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/laptop-reliability-1109/ ). Rated number 1 reliable PC maker in Q2 2010's RESCUECOM report http://www.rescuecom.com/2010-2nd-Quarter-Computer-Reliability-Report.html
2ASUS reserves the right to exclude certain SKUs; check with your retailer to confirm coverage of specific models. Valid for notebooks purchased in the US and Canada only. Certain retailers do not participate in ADP coverage. For complete details, please visit: usa.asus.com/event/ASUS360 and adw.asus.com/.