|ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
The ASUS P7P55D-E PRO motherboard features Intel's P55 chipset supporting the latest LGA 1156 processors. Its DDR3 Dual-channel Memory Architecture at speeds of up to 2200MHz (overclocked) offers exceptional performance to gamers and enthusiasts.
World's first to feature an unique PCIe X4 expansion bridge, the P7P55D-E PRO can fully unleash TRUE USB 3.0 & SATA 6 Gb/s bandwidth.
ASUS Xtreme Design offers the best performance, safety and reliability through ASUS exclusive innovations such as Hybrid Phase, Hybrid Processor, and Anti-EMI designs. Hybrid Processor - TurboV EVO automates overclocking by intelligently detecting safe overclocking margins and testing out the settings automatically. This intelligent design also conducts stress-tests automatically to make sure that the settings will provide you with a blazing fast yet rock solid computing experience.
Reviews and Awards:
- Golden Bear Award - "The stellar performance and ease of overclock make it a board destined for the OCer hall of fame..." - BJORN3D.com
- Must Have Best Features Award - "Overall the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro is a nice board…, you get full speed USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0." - TweakTown.com
- 10/10 Perfect Score - "Running USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s without compensation, these are the P55 boards for the future." - ThinkComputers.org
- ASUS Xtreme Design featuring Hybrid OS, Hybrid Phases and Hybrid Processors
- 16 Hybrid Phases provides efficient cooling and increased reliability for better overclocking margins*
- TurboV EVO processor working with CPU to intelligently and automatically optimize performance
- Hybrid OS provides Express Gate for instant access to Internet and multimedia and Windows 7 full driver support
- TRUE SATA 6 Gb/s and USB 3.0 throughput via unique ASUS bridge chip solution
- ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit) for complete and automatic energy saving
- ASUS Q-DIMM to avoid interference with videocards when installing memory modules
- ASUS Q-LED provides onboard troubleshooting with localized LEDs indicating trouble spots
- ASUS Q-Slot allows for quick and easy installation/removal of graphics cards
- Intel P55 chipset supporting the latest Intel Core family processors (LGA 1156)
- CrossFireX/SLI support bringing you the best in graphics support technology
- Dual Channel DDR3 2200 (overclocked)/1600/1333/1066 MHz support for taking performance to the next level
- 8-channel HD, DTS onboard audio for the true surround sound experience
ASUS True 12+2 Phase Power Design
The P7P55D-E PRO is built based on the groundbreaking 12+2 phase VRM design. The 12+2 phase power design, 12-phase for vCore and extra 2-phase for Memory controller inside CPU, can provide the highest power efficiency, and hence generates less heat to effectively enhance the overclocking capability. With the high quality power components such as low RDS (on) MOSFETs, Ferrite core chokes with lower hysteresis loss and 100% Japan-made high quality conductive polymer capacitors, ASUS 12+2 phase VRM design also ensure longer component life and minimum power loss.
T.Probe: Leading Active Cooling Technology
Working together with the 12+2 power design is the T.Probe microchip. It reduces specific hotspots on the critical power components by detecting and balancing power phase loads and temperatures real-time. With optimal power phase functions, components run cooler and extend system lifespan.
With T.Probe, efficiency of the 12+2 phase power design is essentially boosted to that of a 16 phase power system.*
Unique PCIe x4 Bridge Chip for Ultra Performance:
At ASUS, we understand that bottlenecks and performance barriers is just not acceptable when you want a system that can keep up with you.
Typically by using a plain solution of directly connecting USB 3.0 and SATA 3 controllers to the P55 chipset, only 250MB/s can be achieved. To get the full 500MB/s, ASUS utilizes an unique bridge chip solution that utilizes an additional PCIe x4 pathway to remove the bottleneck. With the TRUE USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gb/s performance, you can truely benefit from the ultra high transfer speeds from the next generation storage solutions.
With solutions from other brands, you will NOT be able to run a CrossFireX/SLI setup if you enable the USB 3.0 or SATA 3 models, whereas there are no such limitations on the ASUS solution.
Don't settle for less. With TRUE USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gb/s, your ASUS P55 motherboard can transfer movies, music, and backup files up to 50% faster - without sarificing graphics bandwidth or modifying bios settings.
Whether you are a first time overclocker or trying to break the next world record, you will appreciate the comprehensive yet simple to use overclocking tools that comes with the P7P55D-E PRO.
Packed with features such as Auto Tuning and hardware controlled TurboV EVO processor, this motherboard allows you to just sit back and let it do all the hardwork. Auto Tuning overclocks the processor automatically by intelligently detecting current system configuration and determining the overclocking margins. After trying different settings, TurboV EVO will conduct stability tests and fine-tunes the settings until the system is rock solid and achieving its optimal performance, all within minutes.
If you are an enthusiasts that enjoy the process of overclocking the old fashion way, you can do so now easier with the hardware TurboV EVO chip that directly communicates with the CPU for OC settings and stability tests.
The P7P55D-E PRO carries a 3 year limited product warranty. ASUS product warranty is based on the serial number printed on the product box.
What's in the Box
The entire ASUS P7P55D-E PRO package contains the following:
P7P55D-E PRO motherboard
1x UltraDMA 133/100 cable
2 x Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s cables
2 x Serial ATA 6.0Gb/s cables
1 x 2-port USB and eSATA module
1 x ASUS SLI bridge connector
Support Disc: Drivers, Anti-virus software (OEM version), ASUS Update, ASUS Utilities