Simple, effective approaches to promoting positive behaviours
Practical strategies that you can adapt to any situation
Case study examples drawn from UK practitioners
Helpful ways to think about behaviour
Supportive self-coaching questions developed by coaching expert Will Thomas
Successful techniques for dealing with all levels of misbehaviour, from minor disruptions to serious incidents.
This practical book gets right to the heart of what causes challenging behaviour and provides a sound philosophy, as well as effective strategies, for putting it right. Anne Copley, one of the UK's most experienced behaviour management experts, has condensed almost 30 years' experience in education into this easy-to-read guide.
Challenging Behaviour is written for:
- teachers who want to reach the hard to teach
- managers who would like to understand better their more challenging students and colleagues
- leaders who want an institutional focus on promoting learning behaviours
- parents of children with challenging behaviour
- youth workers and behaviour management specialists looking for a refreshing perspective
... and anyone who would like to understand more about young people's needs.