Classic Cars 1931-1980 (Hardcover)
|Author: Norm Mort|
$20.01 Free Budget Shipping
EARN 21 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
|This highly illustrated new book features cars from the Classic era from 1931 to 1980, which saw the birth and death of many stunning and outrageous vehicular trends. Children will be amazed by detailed photos which help explain what makes a car a classic and why the vehicles portrayed have staying power. Other topics include|
- the Great Depression and World War II, and their effects on the automobile industry
- the demise of the independent car companies and the rise of the 'Big Three'--Ford, Chrysler and General Motors
- the arrival of Hydramatic transmission
- Classic stylings of hubcaps and wheels, grilles, and hood ornaments
- automobilia, including collectors' items, car shows, and classic car rallies
- influential designers from the Classic era
From the Publisher:
Each high-interest title in this exciting series explores different types of cars and the designers who created them, along with challenging scientific concepts related to vehicle performance introduced in simple, easy-to-understand terms.