|Clever and full of invaluable advice for understanding the flightier sex, this hysterical and illuminating guide by romantic researcher Frances teaches women why men are like nature's most freedom-loving and easily startled animal, the bird. Line drawings.
From the Publisher:
When it comes to your love life, “winging it” is for the birds.
Are you puzzled by the complex mating behaviors of the modern male? Stop winging it! Dating expert Lauren Frances’s hands-on research has proven time and again that men are like wild things. They’re easily startled by fast moves, are content to sing your praises until talk of commitment begins, and often flee in an attempt to resist (emotional) arrest! So, how best to catch and keep your Lovebird?
In Dating, Mating, and Manhandling, you’ll get the most up-to-date romantic research and learn essentials like:
• Flirtatious field techniques
• The best places to man catch
• How to decipher male sexual sign language
• How to tell the difference between the Marrying Man and the Hardened Bachelor
• How to get men eating out of the palm of your hand!
You’ll also learn guidelines for successful man selection. Find out if he’s a:
Nightingale. This smooth talker sings your praises but develops laryngitis when it comes to making a commitment. Are you being wooed or worked?
Chicken. This commitmentphobe would rather drown in the rain than get back in the barn. Learn how to spot a “flight risk.”
Pterodactyl. Is an extinct lover from your past ruining your present love life? Stop being hexed by your ex!
With Lauren Frances’s Romantic Rules and Manhandling Techniques under your (garter) belt, you’ll go from mere boy-watching to dating, mating, and manhandling in no time!
Has Your Love Life Gone To The Birds?
Dating, Mating, and Manhandling demystifies modern male courtship behavior and offers practical advice designed to help you catch and keep your Lovebird. Solve your dating dilemmas by learning:
• The power of Flock Appeal: Learn fabulous flirt techniques and the best ways to work the field.
• Date interrogation: How to assess whether he’s Mr. Wrong or if he’s flying right.
• The secret bargaining power of your exclusivity: How to have “the Talk” about monogamy, and when to give him a timely ultimatum.
• Manhandling Tips and Romantic Rules: Nip bad behavior in the bud by learning effective boundary-setting techniques.
• “Magic words” guaranteed to soothe your savage beast.
Whether you’re looking for a date or a mate, or just want to “get flocked,” dating expert Lauren Frances, Ph. Double D shares her up-to-date relationship research in this comprehensive guide to modern romance.
About the Author:
Lauren Frances, Ph. Double D, has appeared on Extra, VH1, and talk radio as a leading sexpert in her field. She is the founder of the Institute for Romantic Research, and her column, “The Hollywood Dating Food Chain,” is published in Flaunt magazine. She lives in Los Angeles. Visit her website, laurenfrances.com.
Konstantin Kakanias's work has been shown in New York City, Los Angeles, Paris, Geneva, London, Athens, and Milan. He has been an illustrator for Barneys New York, Tiffany & Co., and Vanity Fair, and is the creator of the delightful Mrs. Tependris books. He lives in Los Angeles and Greece.