Falcon Guide Hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway The Ultimate Travel Guide to America's Most Popular Scenic Roadway (Paperback)
|Author: Randy Johnson|
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!
Alert me when this item is in stock.
|*Author: Johnson, Randy *Series Title: Falcon Guides *Subtitle: The Ultimate Travel Guide to Americas Most Popular Scenic Roadway *Publication Date: 2010/03/23 *Number of Pages: 337 *Binding Type: Paperback *Language: English *Depth: 1.00 *Width: 6.00 *Height: 9.00|
From the Publisher:
State Hiking Series
Each guide includes:
|- Hikes suited to every ability
- Accurate directions to popular as well as less-traveled trails
- Up-to-date trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues|- Detailed trail maps and GPS coordinates
- Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for each hike
- Trail Finder for best hikes with dogs, children, great views, or wildlife viewing
- Information on fees and permits, contacts, events and attractions, restaurants and accommodations, canine compatibility, and more
- Zero-impact and wilderness safety tips and techniques
The year 2010 is the 75th anniversary of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and this new edition of Hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway is an indispensable resource for anyone who uses the Parkway-America's most heavily visited unit of the National Park system-as a portal to the Southern Appalachian experience. Including the best trails in the national forests, state parks, and private preserves that line the 469-mile scenic road, this is a single-volume solution for the serious explorer, whether on foot or in a car.