To know the right food to eat--or not to eat--depending on your health circumstances, is to have an unprecedented wealth of knowledge with which to treat and prevent health problems, ranging from colds to cancer. (from the first line)
"Whatsoever was the father of a disease, an ill diet was the mother." Chinese proverb.
|The New York Times bestseller that shows how everybody can use food to prevent and cure more than 100 health problems, from the common cold to cancer. A leading authority on health and nutrition, former CNN medical correspondent Carper's syndicated column has more than 10 million readers nationwide. |
|From the Publisher:
Food -- Your Miracle Medicine is the breakthrough book on food and health for the nineties. This comprehensive guide, based on more than 10,000 scientific studies, reveals how you can use the extraordinary powers of food to prevent and alleviate such common maladies as headaches and hay fever, as well as to ward off major killers, including heart disease and cancer. Jean Carper, the bestselling author of The Food Pharmacy, has now translated the amazing new discoveries about the medical powers of food into practical advice and information that you can use every day to conquer disease, increase your mental energy, and live longer.
- A carrot a day could slash your risk of stroke by 70 percent.
- Ginger can stop migraine headaches and nausea.
- Half an avocado a day can dramatically improve your blood cholesterol.
- Brazil nut may improve your mood.
- Brazil nuts may improve your mood.
- Tea helps prevent stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
- A food allergy may be the cause of your fatigue.