Harness the power of games to create extraordinary customer engagement with Game-Based Marketing
Gamification is revolutionizing the web and mobile apps.
Innovative startups like Foursquare and Swoopo, growth companies like Gilt and Groupon and established brands like United Airlines and Nike all agree: the most powerful way to create and engage a vibrant community is with game mechanics. By leveraging points, levels, badges, challenges, rewards and leaderboards ? these innovators are dramatically lowering their customer acquisition costs, increasing engagement and building sustainable, viral communities.
Game-Based Marketing unlocks the design secrets of mega-successful games like Zynga?s Farmville, World of Warcraft, Bejeweled and Project Runway to give you the power to create winning game-like experiences on your site/apps. Avoid obvious pitfalls and learn from the masters with key insights, such as:
- Why good leaderboards shouldn?t feature the Top 10 players.
- Most games are played as an excuse to socialize, not to achieve.
- Status is worth 10x more than cash to most consumers.
- Badges are not enough: but they are important.
- You don?t need to offer real-world prizing to run a blockbuster sweepstakes.
And learn even more:
- How to architect a point system that works
- Designing the funware loop: the basics of points, badges, levels, leaderboards and challenges
- Maximizing the value and impact of badges
- Future-proofing your design
- Challenging users without distraction
Based on the groundbreaking work of game expert and successful entrepreneur Gabe Zichermann, Game-Based Marketing brings together the game mechanics expertise of a decade?s worth of research. Driven equally by big companies, startups, 40-year-old men and tween girls, the world is becoming increasingly more fun.
Are you ready to play?