This product should be recalled-fire hazard
We are lucky our house did not catch on fire. Thank goodness I got up when I did. I was upstairs-the hub was downstairs---when I entered the hall upstairs, I smelled a electrical burning smell----found it at the computer----the hub was hot and melting-----the cord was also hot. It was a new unit purchased at BJ'S on nov. 25, 2007. It overheated on Jan 12, 2008. BJ'S refunded our money. We called and emailed GE and so far have not heard from them. We wanted to find out if there was a recall on this unit. If there isn't, there should be. If you do have one of these units, I wouldn't recommend leaving it plugged into an electrical outlet!----we only had one thing plugged into one of the ports of the unit at the time.
Was this review helpful to you?YESNO