Halo 3 Legendary Edition: This highly limited edition contains a collectible Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet Case, the Bonus Interactive Disc (see above) and the Legendary Disc featuring High-Definition Halo and Halo 2 Cinematics, The Cortana Chronicles which covers all of "Halo Nation," all-new, exclusive Machinima Episodes, and an exclusive selection of Storyboard Art from the Cinematics of Halo 3.
- Collectible Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet case
- Exclusive selection of storyboard art from the cinematics of Halo 3
- Legendary Disc
- Halo Cinematics Reloaded – remastered, high-resolution versions of the Halo and Halo 2 cinematics with Dolby Digital 5.1 complete with director’s commentary
- Bestiarum. An expanded digital guide to the creatures, cultures and worlds of “Halo 3,” with art and assets exclusive to this interactive edition.
- The Cortana Chronicles. Jen Taylor, the voice of Cortana, takes a worldwide tour to meet Halo Nation, where she meets “Halo” fanatics from near and far, obscure and famous.
- Plus all-new, exclusive Machinima episodes from “Red vs. Blue” and “This Spartan Life” and a “mockumentary” voiced by Sgt. Johnson himself, David Scully.
- Bonus Interactive Disc
- High-definition “Halo.” Bungie’s graphics and audio engineers have created a simple-to-use, “Halo”-themed calibration tool to make the most of the home theater experience.
- Art attack. Exclusive “Halo 3” gamer pics and Xbox 360 Dashboard theme, a vast gallery of concept and production art (complete with musical accompaniment), and a fully playable version of a classic “Halo”-themed minigame.
- Featurettes. A series of short films covering a range of subjects, from making a network play better with multiplayer action to the challenges of building the biggest “Halo” ever.
The Legendary Edition will be available in limited quantities for a limited time at select retailers.
About Halo 3
The epic saga continues with Halo 3, the hugely anticipated third chapter in the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.
Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogy--an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live, and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel, an upcoming film adaptation, and more!
The Story So Far...
It is the year 2552. Humanity has long been at war with the terrifying alien civilization that collectively calls itself The Covenant. This monstrous conglomerate of warlike species sees Humanity as a form of heresy against their religion—a religion based in the single-minded belief that a Great Journey awaits its faithful and that this Journey can be embarked upon by activating an array of vast, ring-like artifacts scattered throughout the Galaxy.
These vast, terraformed rings are called Halos and have been long-abandoned by their mysterious and long-vanished creators, The Forerunners.
The war with the Covenant has reduced humanity to ragged tatters. A once-sprawling network of planets is now almost entirely destroyed. Human populations have been decimated and world after world reduced to lifeless rock.
Enter Master Chief
This conflict, terrible and destructive though it is, has been complicated and compounded by a series of cascading events. One of these artificial worlds, these Halos, was discovered and subsequently destroyed by human forces, led by Spartan 117—the Master Chief—the last fighting member of the legendary Spartan II military program and humanity's last, best hope.
A conflict at a second Halo installation became a galaxy-spanning conflagration, as civil war erupted within the Covenant, driven by revelations that the Covenant leadership, The Prophets, had been deliberately deceiving its populace for millennia.
In truth, these Halos would not take the Covenant on a Great Journey, but rather eradicate all sentient life in the Galaxy— created by the Forerunners as weapons of last resort against the most terrifying menace the Galaxy has ever known—and a menace the deluded Covenant has reawakened for the second time in a hundred thousand years. That creeping horror will engulf the Galaxy unless some way can be found to stop it once and for all.
That horror is the Flood—a sentient, all-consuming parasite that makes monstrous puppets of those it kills and will not stop until every last thinking creature is absorbed into its ferociously intelligent plan.
The second Halo has been activated, putting all of the remaining installations in a dangerous state of emergency standby—they are primed to fire. Worse still, the Covenant has discovered the long-hidden location of Earth and crushed almost all human resistance, as it seeks vital clues to the nature of the Halo array—some of which may have been hidden under our very feet for untold millennia.
Even with our newfound allies, the Elites, and the leadership of their valiant and honorable leader, The Arbiter, we are still hopelessly outnumbered, as the Prophets set their wills against us—and forces greater than the Covenant, wheel malevolently into place.
As the Master Chief hurtles Earthward in a Forerunner spacecraft, he may be our last chance to stop the Covenant, the Flood and the ticking time bomb that is the Halo network, before every last soul in the Galaxy is destroyed. The stakes have never been higher. It's time to finish the fight.