Horses A Guide to Selection, Care and Enjoyment (Paperback)
|Author: J. Warren Evans|
$30.16 + $3.80 SHIPPING
EARN 31 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
|For almost twenty years, "Horses has been the definitive horse care manual, an indispensable reference for anyone who shows, races, breeds, or rides horses. |
Now "Horses is available for the first time in paperback in a completely revised and updated new edition, offering all the latest information necessary for the competent care and recreational use of horses today. It covers every vital phase of buying, managing, enjoying, and raising horses and features a wealth of illustrations and photo sequences showing step-by-step management procedures, as well as more technical information for advanced owners. The Third Edition also reflects recent findings in health care and research, and includes
* A new chapter on business practices in the horse industry
* Current recommendations for internal parasite control
* Information on equine assisted therapy
* Linebreeding, the Dosage Index, and the Rasmussen Factor
* Recent information on coat color inheritance
* The physiology of conditioning performance horses
* The practical use of behavior for training
Comprehensive, authoritative, and accessible, "Horses, Third Edition is an essential reference book for anyone who cares for a horse, from novice to experienced owner.
From the Publisher:
Discusses barns, pastures, breeding, feeds, training, grooming, common ailments, riding, driving, races, shows, and competitions.