Making a Law (Paperback)
|Author: Sarah De Capua|
$5.99 + $3.10 SHIPPING
EARN 6 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
More Buying Options
|- One of the few civics series targeted at the elementary grade level. Most civics books are aimed at middle school or older students.|
- Good introduction for 3rd to 5th graders on the basics of civics.
- Cross-curricular material includes information about American history as well as government and politics.
- Index helps readers find key subject matter quickly.
- "To Find Out More" section directs readers to other books, organizations, and web sites for further information on the subject.
- Sidebars enhance the text by providing additional facts and information.
National Standards: National Social Studies Standards Grades K-4
Individuals, Groups, and Institutions: V
- Identify examples of institutions and describe the interactions of people with institutions
- Give examples of the role of institutions in furthering both continuity and change
Power, Authority, and Governance: VI
- Give examples of how government does or does not provide for the needs and wants of people, establish order and security, and manage conflict
- Distinguish among local, state, and national government
- Recognize and give examples of the tensions between the wants and needs of individuals and groups, and concepts such as fairness, equity, and justice
Civic Ideals and Practices: X
- Identify the key ideals of the American democratic form of government
- Identify and practice selected forms of civic discussion and participation
- Recognize that a variety of formal and informal factors influence and shape public policy
From the Publisher:
Ideal for today's young investigative reader, each A True Book includes lively sidebars, a glossary and index, plus a comprehensive "To Find Out More" section listing books, organizations, and Internet sites. A staple of library collections since the 1950s, the new A True Book series is the definitive nonfiction series for elementary school readers.
View all buying options for Making a Law
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
Brand new book!
+ FREE SHIPPING
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days
+ $3.10 shipping
Shipping: Usually Ships within 1 business day
Condition: Brand New