|Artist: Kid Cudi|
1. In My Dreams [Cudder Anthem]
2. Soundtrack 2 My Life
3. Simple As...
4. Solo Dolo [Nightmare]
5. Heart of a Lion [KiD CuDi Theme Music]
6. My World
7. Day N Nite [Nightmare]
8. Sky Might Fall
9. Enter Galactic [Love Connection Part 1]
10. Alive [Nightmare] (Featuring Ratatat)
11. Cudi Zone
12. Make Her Say (Featuring Kanye West)
13. Pursuit of Happiness [Nightmare] (Featuring Ratatat)
14. Hyyear (Featuring Chip Tha Ripper)
15. Up Up & Away
Album Notes and Credits
Notes & Personnel Info
|Personnel: Andrew VanWyngarden, Ben Goldwasser (vocals); Alain Whyte (guitar); Larry Gold (strings); Jeff Bhasker (keyboards, background vocals).|
|Audio Mixer: Manny Marroquin.|
|Recording information: Avex Studios, Honolulu, HI; Chung King Studios, New York, NY; Jim Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA; Record Plant, Hollywood, CA; The Broski Room, New York, NY.|
|Director: Scott Mescudi.|
|Illustrator: Bill Sienkiewicz.|
|Kid Cudi is a fascinating rapper, claimed by the backpackers for his work with Kanye West on 808s & HEARTBREAK but equally loved by the mash-up club kids who went ape for his "Day N Nite" single, especially in its nu-disco remix from Crookers. His debut album was deep in the category of "much anticipated" as soon as it was announced, but when the promised game changer finally arrived, it became obvious that Cudi had already changed the game. With its narration from Common and a track list broken into five "acts," MAN ON THE MOON: THE END OF DAY is almost as conceptual as its name implies, kicking off with a spaced-out slow roller coated in strings while Cudi states "Welcome, you're in my dream now." What follows is Pink Floyd-styled story where the real world pain of "Soundtrack 2 My Life" mutates into sci-fi fantasies from the dark side of the moon. Along the way, brilliant samples--like a bit of OMD's esoteric album DAZZLE SHIPS--and innovative sounds from Cudi and special guests Emile, Ratatat, and MGMT slowly shuffle the listener through the man's spliff-fueled exploration of space. This first official release is a soul searcher and may require more patience than your everyday debut. Still, the chilly, complicated MAN ON THE MOON perfects the futuristic bleak-beat hip-hop Kanye purposed a year earlier, and rewards the listener with every tripped-out return.|
Producer: Matthew Friedman; Emile Haynie; Patrick "Plain Pat" Reynolds; Kanye West; Jeff Bhasker
Engineer: Anthony Kilhoffer; Ryan West; Andrew Dawson; Emile Haynie; Evan Mast
|Chip Tha Chip The Ripper|
Associated Artists and Works
|Release Date : 09/15/2009|
|Original Release Date : 2009|
|Catalog ID : BOO13195|
|Label : Motown|
|Number of Discs : 1|
|Studio/Live : Studio|
|Mono/Stereo : Stereo|
|SPAR Code : n/a|
|UPC : 00602527127521|
- 3 stars out of 5 -- "The music is engrossing and Cudi's angst genuine..."
- "Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi is a quirky, singing rapper with a nice, effortless stoner drawl....He's more concerned with melody and emotion than lyrical terror."
- "Cudi turns out to be that rarest of rap phenomena: a hyped upstart who really does represent a promising new phase in the genre's evolution." -- Grade: A-
- Included in Entertainment Weekly's 'The Best Albums of 2009' -- "Exposing his own ambitions and anxieties over trippy beats one moment, collaborating with left-fielders like indie-rock bands Ratatat and MGMT the next..."
- "The rapper's delivery is confident in a poetic and artful way, channeled through a theatrical set of songs..."
- 4 stars out of 5 -- "'Pursuit Of Happiness,' a psychedelic wash of piano riffs and lush harmonies courtesy of MGMT, has shades of The Flaming Lips."
Kid Cudi is a Brooklyn-based rapper from Cleveland whose debut single, "Day 'n' Nite," became an online favorite in 2008. Born Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi in suburban Cleveland, his career took off after he moved to Brooklyn and became affiliated with Fool's Gold, the label of DJs A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs. The label released the Day 'n' Nite EP in February 2008 and circulated a Crookers remix around the blogosphere, drumming up a good deal of buzz in the process. It didn't hurt that Kid Cudi began to receive increasing press attention, including a nod from Rolling Stone (which touted him among the magazine's Top Five best indie hip-hop artists of 2008). Not long after the release of "Day 'n' Nite," Kid Cudi began touring with the Fool's Gold collective, which performed at a South by Southwest showcase and subsequently joined forces with Steve Aoki and his Dim Mak collective for a North American tour. As the remixed version of "Day 'n' Nite" climbed the U.K. singles charts, Kid Cudi readied the release of his full-length album debut for summer 2009.
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
+ $1.90 shipping
Shipping: Usually Ships within 24 hours
Condition: Brand New
All products are BRAND NEW and factory sealed. Fast shipping with tracking and delivery confirmation! 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
+ $2.99 shipping
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days