Marco Polo Overland to China (Paperback)
|Author: Alexander Zelenyj|
$6.17 + $3.10 SHIPPING
EARN 7 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
CONDITION: Brand New
Very few left In Stock! Order soon -- product may sell out.
|Relive Italian voyager Marco Polo's adventures in China in 1275, including his legendary meeting with Kublai Khan, emperor of the powerful Mongol Empire. This exciting new book separates fact from myth using excerpts from Polo's actual journals and vivid illustrations to portray Polo himself and his impressions of the unique traditions and customs of the Mongols. A recipe from the period is also included.|
- what the Medieval period meant to Europe and exploration
- the Silk Road
- Marco Polo's service in Kublai Khan's court
- Life at sea and in the Mongol Empire
- Marco Polo's influence on later explorers
- colorful maps and images showing the areas explored
- sections on the age of exploration
- the political climates of various countries that made explorers venture out into the unknown
- real recipes for foods the explorers ate on their travels
- how explorers lived while on the high seas, on the trail, or in the encampment
From the Publisher:
Highlights the life of Italian explorer Marco Polo, his travels in the Orient, and his work as the regional ambassador of Kublai Khan.