Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Paperback)
|Author: Trudi Strain Trueit|
$23.49 Free Budget Shipping
EARN 24 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
|- Introduces young readers to the origins of each holiday.|
- Readers will learn about customs and traditions of each holiday and how it celebrated in other parts of the world (except for Martin Luther King, Jr. and Independence Day).
- Updated photographs
- All titles contain a calendar.
- "Words You Know," index, glossary included.
Curriculum Standards: Grades K-4 Social Studies Standards
- People, societies, and cultures address needs and concerns in ways that are both similar and different
- Language, folktales, music, and art serve as expressions of culture
- Cultural unity and diversity can be identified within and across groups
Time, Continuity, and Change: II
- Accounts of past events, people, places, and situations contribute to our understanding of the past
Global Connections: IX
- Explore ways in which language, the arts, beliefs, etc. facilitate global understanding or lead to misunderstanding