? Waterproof ? Tear-Resistant ? Topographic Map
One of the most-visited urban forests in the U.S., with approximately 5.8 million visitors annually, the Tonto National Forest spans almost 3 million acres of diverse terrain just outside of Phoenix, AZ. Tonto encompasses a wide variety of vegetation ranging from cactus-studded desert to pine-forested mountains, and numerous recreational opportunities throughout the year.
Our four new Trails Illustrated maps are the most detailed and up-to-date for the forest, carefully researched and developed in co-operation with local land managers and agencies. Each map contains easy to read trails, numbered forest service roads, campsites, access points, scenic points-of-interest, and important facilities.
Like all Trails Illustrated maps our new Tonto National Forest titles are both highly durable and environmentally friendly. Each map is printed in the United States, at a certified green printer, using low V.O.C. inks on waterproof, tear-resistant material. Proceeds from the sale of Tonto National Forest Trails Illustrated Maps go to support the National Geographic Society's nonprofit mission to increase global understanding and promote conservation of our planet through exploration, research, and education.
- Agency Contact and Recreation Information
- Tonto National Monument
- Apache Trail Scenic Byway
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park
- Arizona Trail
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve
- Roosevelt Lake and Wildlife Area
- Maricopa County Trail System and The Maricopa Trail
- Usery Mountain Regional Park
- Bartlett Reservoir, Saguaro and Apache Lakes
- Verde Wild and Scenic River
- Salt River
- Motorized and Non-Motorized Trails
- Equestrian and Multiple Use Trails
- Goldfield and Mazatzal Mountains
- Superstition and Four Peaks Wilderness Areas
- Globe, Cave Creek, Mesa and Tonto Basin Ranger Districts
- Map Scale = 1:70,000
- Sheet Size = 25.5" x 37.75"
- Folded Size = 4.25" x 9.25"