- What are the links between theory and practice in the area of online learning in higher education?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the online approach?
- How can online learning be used to enhance the student experience?
This book provides the first critical evaluation of theory and practice in online learning and teaching in higher education. It also provides a critique of online learning for all those working in a higher education setting. It examines the online approach in the context of the internet age and global higher education, examining changes in distance learning as well as how online learning is affecting mainstream mass higher education. Practical examples throughout the book allow the reader to:
Online Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Understand quality issues with regard to online learning
- Design appropriate courses
- Create stimulating online learning environments
- Transform learning methods
- Adapt and develop strategies to enhance online teaching practice
is key reading for lecturers, managers and policy makers in the higher education sector.