Free home phone service with ooma!
ooma is an award-winning product that gives you free home phone service. Quite simply, no more nickel and dime fees and no more monthly phone bills. Acclaimed by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Business Week, and featured as one of the year's hottest products in Parade and In Style magazines, ooma offers premium home phone service as it was meant to be.
Your one-time purchase of the ooma system delivers:
Smart and stylish, the ooma Hub and ooma Scout partner with your high-speed Internet and your existing home phones to deliver free home phone service. Your one-time purchase eliminates monthly bills for U.S. calling and delivers extremely low rates for international calls. You'll also get bundled features at no extra charge. Click below for a full list of what is included with your purchase of an ooma system.
Free U.S. calling
Your one-time purchase of an award-winning ooma Hub device frees your phone service. Call anyone, at any number, anywhere in the U.S. without charge. Think how much you pay the phone company each year. Now imagine what you could do with all the money you save.
ooma gives you all the calling features you've come to depend on, including caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail.
Exceptional voice quality
The ooma system has been architected to deliver exceptional voice quality and reliability, giving you the crisp, acoustic performance of a landline, without the associated monthly charges. According to our customers, ooma offers “excellent voice quality,” “better than landline.”
Online ooma Lounge
The ooma Lounge is your online destination for the ooma service. You can listen to messages, check your call logs, control your account preferences, prepay for international minutes, even set up voicemail notifications to email and mobile phones, 24 hours a day.
Low-cost international calling
ooma offers low-cost international calling starting at only a penny per minute. Prepay for international calls in increments as low as $10 in the online ooma Lounge. ooma also offers free in-network calling, so call another ooma customer anywhere in the world at no charge!
We've got your number
Want something new? When you purchase an ooma system, you can choose a new number in any calling area in the US. Want to keep your phone number? ooma gives you the option to transfer your number from your current phone provider. Just pay a one-time porting charge of $39.99, or enjoy complimentary number porting with an annual subscription to ooma Premier ($99.99).
Set-up is easy
ooma has been designed with the customer in mind for an intuitive out-of-box experience. Most customers are up in dialing in less than 15 minutes. If you've got any questions, our online support site is loaded with dozens of articles, diagrams, tips, and facts. Something we didn't cover? No problem. Check out our lively customer forum or call a member of our support team.
Flexibility to keep a landline
ooma gives you the flexibility to integrate a low-cost landline as a backup. This means you can keep your current phone number and enjoy the assurance of traditional 911 service and seamless coverage during Internet and power outages.
Discover ooma Premier
Want more? Try our enhanced calling features with your free 60-day trial of ooma Premier. Enrich your home phone experience with features designed to help you:
After the free trial ends, you can keep ooma Premier for $12.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
- Block telemarketers
- Save serious cash
- Stay connected on the go
- Setup a home office
- Keep the peace
Transfer your number
Want to keep your phone number? ooma will transfer your number from your current phone provider with an annual subscription to ooma Premier ($39.99 value).
Let ooma be your personal bouncer. Review your call logs in the ooma Lounge. For anyone who doesn't make the cut, add them to your blacklist. Their call will get diverted next time they call. You have the option to block them completely or send them straight to voicemail. The choice is yours.
Harness the power of the ooma community and protect yourself from unwanted callers before they've even tried to call you. Think of it as Survivor for telemarketers. As other ooma users vote callers "off the island" by adding them to their blacklist, we're tallying up the votes. Combined with our algorithms for detecting phone spamming patterns, and you've got the ultimate blacklist!
Constantly on the go? Multi-Ring takes call forwarding to the next level. Configure your ooma number to simultaneously ring your home phone and mobile phone at the same time. Answer the call on either, the choice is yours. Whether at home or on the road, you'll never need to miss a call.
Tired of scrambling to the phone only to hear another recorded message from an aging-celebrity-turned-political fundraiser? ooma stops telemarketers in their tracks. With ooma Premier, you can screen incoming messages just like you did with a traditional answering machine. And if it's an important call, just pick up the phone and connect instantly.
Enjoy the ultimate convenience of having your voicemail messages emailed to you as audio attachments. Now you can play, save and listen to messages all from your favorite mobile or desktop email client.
Instant Second Line
Do your kids have the gift of gab? No problem! When you sign up for ooma Premier, you'll get an Instant Second Line? featur
How Do We Compare?
Other phone companies nickel and dime you for local toll calls and long-distance, layering on mysterious fees, taxes, and surcharges for stuff you don't need. They bill you extra each month for caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail; features we, at ooma, believe are fundamental to your U.S. calling rights.
Your one-time purchase of an award-winning ooma system gives you free home phone service. You'll get the voice quality and ease of a traditional landline. That's because we've architected the ooma system to partner with your existing home phones and high-speed Internet to deliver state-of-the-art calling without monthly bills.
There are no special handsets. No tricky calling codes to enter. No need to log onto a computer. Just pick up a phone and dial. It's that easy.
And for those who demand more, you'll get a 60-day free trial of ooma Premier, so you can test-drive all of ooma's innovative features, like multi-ring, personal numbers and private voicemail for each member of your home, with lots more on the way.
So if monthly bills are weighing you down, the answer is simple. Break free with ooma.
- High-speed fixed-line Internet connection (cable, DSL, fiber-optic)
- 256 Kbps upstream network speed (384 Kbps recommended)
- Corded or cordless home phone
- Intended for residential use only
ooma Core (no monthly fee required)
- Free US calling: Call anyone, anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
- Phone number flexibility: Choose a new number anywhere in the U.S. or transfer an existing number for a one-time fee
- Caller-ID: See the name and number of who is calling (caller-ID compatible phone required)
- Call-waiting: Switch to a new incoming call when you are already on the line
- Call-waiting caller-ID: See the name and number of a new incoming call before you switch over
- Voicemail: Access your messages remotely from any phone or web browser
- Voicemail notifications: Receive notifications via email or text when incoming messages arrive
- Broadband Answering Machine: Listen to messages hands-free with the built-in speaker
- ooma Lounge: Hear messages and control your preferences online
- Call logs: Check your calling history online; filter and sort to find the call you are looking for
- Enhanced 911: Emergency personnel are automatically given your registered address when you dial 911 (subject to availability)
- Free in-network calling: Call another ooma customer anywhere in the world for free
- Outbound caller name: Have your name show up when you call out (other party must have caller-ID with name feature)
- Caller-ID blocking: Use *67/*82 to block or display your caller-ID/name for outgoing calls
- Anonymous call blocking: Automatically block anonymous calls from ringing your phone
- Call return: Return the last incoming call by dialing *69
- Landline backup: Automatic fallback during power/Internet outages or 911 calls (requires basic landline to be plugged-in)
- Prepaid international calling: Make low-cost international calls starting at only a penny per minute
- Directory assistance: Make 411 calls at $0.99 per call
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty
ooma Premier (optional: $12.99/month or $99.99/year)
- Free number porting: Transfer an existing number for free with an annual subscription to ooma Premier
- Personal blacklist: Blacklist unwanted callers to prevent them from being able to reach you
- Community blacklist: Harness the power of the ooma community to block unwanted callers before they've tried to call you
- Call forwarding: Forward your calls to your mobile phone when you are away from home
- Multi-Ring: Simultaneously ring your ooma number and your mobile phone, or any number you choose
- Message screening: Screen your calls by listening in as a caller is leaving their message
- Voicemail forwarding: Have your voicemail automatically forwarded to email
- Instant Second Line: Make a second call even when someone else is on the phone (requires ooma Scout)
- Enhanced call-waiting: Answer an incoming call even when someone else is on the phone (requires ooma Scout)
- Three-way conferencing: Conference two lines together at a push of a button
- Send to Voicemail: Transfer a call to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Do Not Disturb: Transfer all incoming calls directly to voicemail at a touch of a button
- Personal numbers: Select additional phone numbers in any calling area in the US
- Directed ringing: Configure your personal number to only ring on your private extension (requires ooma Scout)
- Private voicemail: Create private voicemail and Lounge accounts dedicated to a personal number (requires ooma Scout)
- Distinctive ringing: Control the ring pattern based on a personal number
||7.5"W x 6"D x 2.25"H (187 x 150 x 55mm)
||19.7 ounces (550g)
||One 10/100 Ethernet LAN port, one 10/100 Ethernet WAN port, one RJ-11 port (phone), one RJ-11 (wall)
||12 VDC, 1A
||ooma Hub device, Ethernet cable, phone cable (2), phone splitter, AC adaptor, Quick Start Guide, User Guide
||4"W x 3.25"D x 1.5"H (100 x 82.5 x 38mm)
||6.7 ounces (190g)
||one RJ-11 port (phone),
Sorry, you missed the deal!
This product is currently not available.
Recent Product Reviews
by Lee on Nov 30, 2009
by RF on May 27, 2009
by Robert on May 23, 2009