This much-awaited text provides a complete look at this specialized area in the culinary arts.Professional Garde Manger
presents culinary students and professional working chefs with the comprehensive and visual coverage of everything they need to know to master the cold kitchen. This definitive new text on garde manger work provides step-by-step techniques and procedures covering over 450 recipes and more than 750 recipe variations for the garde manger chef. Illustrated with line drawings and more than 500 new photos, it covers topics ranging from simple salads to mousellines and charcuterie specialties to careers in the field.
- Same proven pedagogical features and easy-to-follow recipe layout as Professional Cooking andProfessional Baking, including chapter pre-requisites and objectives and key terms.
- Focus on teaching and mastering skills necessary to be successful as a garde manger chef, with reinforcement in practicing recipes provided.
- Sidebars throughout the text present special topics, including The History of... andThe Science of... boxes, which add interesting insight and detail
- Over 500 new photographs illustrate by step-by-step processes and techniques and beautifully presented finished dishes
- More than 450 new recipes and over 750 recipe variations combine to offer the most comprehensive selection of recipes encompassing numerous styles and techniques available
- Plating blueprint diagrams accompany many finished dish recipes show how the final presentation is built
- Thoroughly revised and updated, Wiley CulinarE-CompanionTM Recipe Management Software now includes video clips demonstrating basic skills for use as prework or review, and contains all recipes from the book -- and more!