|Samsung 8X Tray load External Slim DVD Writer supports USB Bus Powered. Just simply plug it to the USB port to get power and no need to worry about the AC Adaptor. Furthermore, this model supports both 12 cm & 8 cm discs. And the Manual Disc Eject function can let the disc ejected even when the power is off!|
USB BUS Powered
No AC Adapter needed when reading and writing
Manual disc eject function
Easy disc eject without power supply
12cm and 8cm disc support
Supports both 12cm and 8cm standard round type disc
Prevents buffer under run error and enables high speed writing
- Buffer Under Run occurs in high speed writing, when speed is faster than data transfer speed.
- Buffer Under Run Technology prevent the Buffer Under Run Error and it enables Multitasking on the PC.
- Supports high speed writing even in low perfomance PC.
Double OPC (Optimum Power Control) in DVD+R
- Usually the outer side of the disc has lower writing quality because of the vibration and swaying of the disc makes the servo signal worse
- Double OPC technology enables to check not only in the inner but also in the outer side of the disc, optimizing the laser power on each area in order to perform the most reliable writing.
Customer Reviews of Samsung SE-S084C 8x DVD±RW Drive - Double-layer - DVD-RAM/±R/±RW - 8x 8x 8x (DVD) - 24x 24x 24x (CD) - USB - External - Black
Does it's Job7/6/2011
It does its job for what it was made for. Only thing i didn't like about the product was its design. The design is really simple and blend. That could be throw off some buyers and plus/minus for different people. USB powered is great also. There are other products with more eye-catching design out on the market.
Works Great on Multiple OS's9/19/2010
The Samsung USB DVDRW drive works just fine. I've tried it on Windows XP, Linpus Linux and on Ubuntu Linux and it performs great on all. Frankly, I was a little surprised to see it work playing DVD videos on my ASUS netbook with Linpus Linux.
Great external CD/DVD2/12/2010
Great unit for use with a netbook or one of the new compact PCs (in my case, the VOT120).