Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition, is designed to give you just the right amount of the essential information you need to prepare for your career as a medical assistant. It covers all of the need-to-know information in an organized, approachable format. The condensed information is perfect for shorter programs of study and as a review tool for certification or re-certification for practicing medical assistants. Full-color and visually oriented, this text presents information in manageable segments that give you all the relevant facts, without being overwhelming. With the most up-to-date information on basic body systems; foundational concepts such as medical terminology, nutrition, and full coverage of office concepts and procedures, you'll have everything you need to know to begin your Medical Assisting career with confidence.
- Full-color design is visually stimulating and great for visual learners.
- Helpful studying features guide students through the material, such as: Learning Objectives for every chapter, Key Information summarized in tables throughout the text, and emphasized Key Words!
- Practical Applications case studies at the beginning of each chapter quickly introduce students to real-life Medical Assisting.
- Word Parts and Abbreviations at the end of the Anatomy and Physiology sections reinforce learned medical terminology.
- Illustrated step-by-step Procedures, with charting examples and rationales, show how to perform and document administrative and clinical procedures.
- UPDATED information on Medical Office Technology prepares students for jobs in today's modern, and often hectic, medical offices.
- NEW Disaster Preparedness content demonstrates how medical offices can work closely with community and health departments during an emergency.
- Newly organized information emphasizes foundational areas of knowledge, with new chapters on Nutrition, Phlebotomy (Venipuncture), and Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems.