Album Notes and Credits
Notes & Personnel Info
|Personnel includes: Eminem, Kristie Abete Swift, Dina Rae (vocals); Richard "Segal" Huredia (spoken vocals); Jeff Bass (various instruments); Mel-Man, DJ Head, Denine Porter (drum programming); Paul "Bunyan" Rosenberg, Zoe Winkler, Marky Bass, Aristotle, Royce Da 5'9".|
|Producers include: Dr. Dre, M. Mathers, Marky Bass, Jeff Bass, Mel Man.|
|Engineers include: Blumpy, Aaron Lepley, Alan Mason.|
|THE SLIM SHADY LP won the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Rap Album. "My Name Is" was nominated for the 2000 Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance.|
|Personnel: Dina Rae (vocals); Mel-Man (drum programming).|
|Audio Mixers: Alan Mason ; Dr. Dre; Aaron Lepley; Michael Tuller; Jeff Bass; Richard Huredia.|
|Recording information: Dr. Dre's House; Mix Room.|
|Photographer: Christopher McCants.|
|You'll need a well-developed sense of humor to fully appreciate the debut of Eminem aka Slim Shady. Produced by hip-hop super-producer Dr. Dre and released on Dre's Aftermath Records, the album features an infectious lead single, "My Name Is," a winning mixture of alternative rock and rap. One listen will have you hooked on the chorus, but future plays will reveal the lyrical gymnastics that Eminem kicks out so effortlessly.|
|Obsessed with fantasies of sex, violence, drugs, and a general depraved indifference to life itself, Eminem's alter ego, Slim Shady, is constantly involved in a battle of good vs. evil leavened by a high degree of irony. Dre even drops in on an mind-blowing cameo playing the shoulder angel on "Guilty Conscience" to Eminem's devil. You'll need a few listens to absorb everything that Eminem is about lyrically. SLIM SHADY might offend the faint-hearted, but that's probably Eminem's intention.|
|Royce Da 5'9"|
Associated Artists and Works
|Kid, DJ Whoo|
|Lounge Brigade (The)|
|Release Date : 02/23/1999|
|Original Release Date : 1999|
|Catalog ID : IND 90287|
|Label : Interscope (USA)|
|Number of Discs : 1|
|Studio/Live : Studio|
|Mono/Stereo : Stereo|
|SPAR Code : n/a|
|UPC : 00606949028725|
- 3 1/2 Stars (out of 5)
"...Eminem earns his buzz as a bona fide rap star one tasteless insult at a time, battling the world with a mouthful of adjectives and a boxful of laxatives."
- 8 (out of 10)
- "...Eminem [aka Marshall Mathers] is humorous enough to be an honorary Beastie goy, and his scenarios are so far-fetched the songs almost never sound as ugly as they actually are. Mathers's hard-knock raps translate hip-hop for folks with Wu-Tang decoder rings, articulating suburban anger and violent apathy through the lens of white kids' experience..."
- Included in Q Magazine's "50 Best Albums of 1999."
- 5 out of 5 - "...Perversion, paranoia and slapstick humour meet in Eminem's gob and get spat out 19 to the dozen....makes great voyeuristic entertainment..."
- Ranked #8 in Muzik's "Albums Of The Year '99"
- 3 Stars (out of 5)
- "...It's dazzlingly funny and gloriously offensive..."
- "...Pairing Redman's gutter humor and metaphorical dexterity with Canibus' raging themes, the Detroit native has matched the high expectations surrounding his brilliant new album..."
- Included in The Source's "Top 10 Albums of the Year ."
- 4 stars (out of 5)
- "...By far the most distressing thing about THE SLIM SHADY LP is how seductive it is - largely due to Dr Dre's production work, it captivates and thrills, and this is an unavoidably amazing body of work..."
Customer Reviews of Slim Shady (Explicit Version)
Eminem is crazy as hell2/10/2006
Eminem is one of the hip-hops great's.I have all of his cd's and they are the greatest. Eminem has come from a nobody to a somebody.
emotional up lifting4/23/2004
the leric in his songs help me to fealize that im not the only one with these problems. they helpme to face the torment of a world savagely attacks your charactor and emotional structure. thank you em. holar back just to chat your biggest fan this is john
great stuff going on here.3/30/2004
Hay people u wanted a great site then this is it lots of great stuff going on in here.
This is the best CD, get IT!!!!
This c.d. is the best c.d. ever!!!!!!!
EMINEM is awesome and hell'a funny. His songs have a lot of four-letter words and swearing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy his CD. His high, fuzzy voice gives his rap a texture that makes his music interesting. Everyone has to own an EMINEM CD.
Eminem inteands to scare you with all his cussing, but his album is definatly a must for any rap lover!
View all buying options for Slim Shady (Explicit Version)
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
+ $1.90 shipping
Shipping: Usually Ships within 1 business day
Condition: Brand New
All products are BRAND NEW and factory sealed. Fast shipping with tracking and delivery confirmation! 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
+ $2.99 shipping
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days
+ $2.98 shipping
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days