Soccer Star (Hardcover)
|Yellow Bananas Teacher's Guide Based on the Yellow Bananas series, this resource for teachers helps reinforce and enhance what students learn in their core reading program through engaging activities that focus on reading skills. Teachers will find: |
- activities that highlight the book's main message and tie students' responses to reading, writing, speaking, listening, and representing
- activities that connect the topic of the book to other curriculum areas
- notes to teachers with suggestions on how to implement an activity, adapt the activity to different levels and interests, and involve the home community
- quizzes to help assess an individual student's comprehension
- reproducible blackline masters for students to use as worksheets for an activity
- 60 pages; 8 1/2 11"; binder; B&W text; full-color cover Yellow Bananas are captivating chapter books designed to help young readers make the transition from storybooks to text-based books. The next level up from Red Bananas, each book features short chapters, engaging full-color illustrations, and a strong story about interesting characters. As their reading abilities develop, kids will want to make the jump from Red to Yellow Bananas!
- full-color illustrations on every page provide a recognizable format for children
- short chapters introduce young readers to the concept of chapter books
- a variety of subjects, including science fiction, mysteries, and funny stories, will engage children's interest
- Guided Reading level indicated for each book
- Teacher's Guide reinforces and enhances skills learned in the core reading program
From the Publisher:
Oscar is thrilled to be picked for the Johnsonville soccer team, but when his mother declares that he must miss his first game to attend a family celebration, his grandfather comes up with a winning plan.