Swedish Conversational Learn to Speak and Understand Swedish With Pimsleur Language Programs ( CD)
From the Publisher:
• Swedish is an Indo-European language that belongs to the North Germanic branch of the Germanic languages, all of which derive from Old Norse.
• This course teaches rikssvenska (sometimes referred to as Standard Swedish) as spoken in and around the capital region of Stockholm.
• Swedish is spoken by approximately 10 million people, mostly in Sweden and parts of Finland.
• Norwegian and Swedish are considered mutually intelligible, with Danish also being very similar.
• The Swedish alphabet uses the 26 Latin letters, plus three additional: Å / Å, Ä / Ä, and Ö / Ö.
• Sixteen 30-minute lessons of spoken Swedish language learning. This course replaces our original Compact Swedish with new and expanded vocabulary, scenarios, grammar and structures.
• Essential grammar and vocabulary that teach you greetings, numbers, how to order food and drink, deal with currency, scheduling a meal or meeting and to give and ask for directions. Learn to speak with near-native pronunciation skills.
• No mindless repetition! Converse with native speakers in natural (and useful!) conversations.
• Easy, fast, fun and effective language acquisition.
• Completely Audio - anytime, anywhere. No computer necessary! Unlike expensive software programs which tie learners to a computer, Pimsleur courses are available in CD or mp3 format to meet your needs.
Receive an instant credit of $150 to trade up from the Conversational to the full Level 1 Comprehensive.