A step-by-step guide to licensing technology-based intellectual property assets
For many modern, high-technology companies, licensing their technology-based intellectual property assets is the best way to fully exploit them. Firms that are unable to utilize their proprietary technology assets can license them to other companies more capable of doing so. This book serves as an informed and comprehensive guide to developing a technology licensing program and the legal hurdles, operational needs, and strategies involved.
Suitable for companies seeking to implement or redesign a technology licensing program, as well as individual inventors who want to protect and profit from their proprietary technology, Technology Management covers all the bases.
- Develop a licensing strategy
- Conduct proper valuations of intellectual property
- Gather and utilize market research
- Market your technology
- Negotiate and draft licensing agreements
Utilize these handy resources:
- Glossary of important terminology
- Case studies and sample documents
- Lists of organizations, publications, trade shows, and other helpful sources of information