|Artist: Pearl Jam|
|Pearl Jam released Ten on August 27, 1991. The album reached #2 on the Billboard 200 chart, sold over 12 million copies and became one of the cultural touchstones of the 1990s. Songs such as "Alive," "Black," "Even Flow" and "Jeremy" became staples of rock radio, and still make frequent appearances on the band's ever-changing concert setlists. The album was produced by Rick Parasher. Pearl Jam's 1991 lineup was Jeff Ament (bass), Stone Gossard (guitar), Dave Krusen (drums), Mike McCready (guitar) and Eddie Vedder (vocals).|
This Collector's Edition box set of Ten is packaged in a 12" x 12" linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box, and includes 2 CDs, 1 DVD, 4 vinyl LPs, 1 cassette and bonus memorabilia.
CD 1 features the original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered in its original mix. CD 2 features the original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O'Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat." The DVD features Pearl Jam's previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance, including a never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix.
LP 1 features the original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl. LP 2 features the original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O'Brien. LPs 3 and 4 include the complete performance of Drop in the Park - Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O'Brien), featuring "Even Flow," "Once," "State of Love and Trust," "Why Go," "Deep," "Jeremy," "Black," "Alive," "Garden" and "Porch." The cassette features a replica of the original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps."
Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam's early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.
Album Notes and Credits
Notes & Personnel Info
|Pearl Jam: Eddie Vedder (vocals); Mike McCreedy, Stone Gossard (guitar); Jeff Ament (bass); Dave Krusen (drums).|
|Additional personnel: Walter Gray (cello); Rick Parashar (piano, organ, percussion).|
|Engineers: Dave Hills, Don Gilmore, Adrian Moore.|
|Recorded at London Bridge Studios, Seattle, Washington from March to April, 1991.|
|Audio Mixer: Brendan O'Brien .|
|Bridge School Concerts 25Th Ann Ed|
|Surf's Up Music|
Associated Artists and Works
|Vitamin String Quartet|
|Mirror Ball ~ Young, Neil|
|Release Date : 03/24/2009|
|Original Release Date : 1991|
|Catalog ID : 88697375872|
|Label : Legacy|
|Number of Discs : 8|
|Studio/Live : Studio|
|Mono/Stereo : Stereo|
|SPAR Code : n/a|
|UPC : 00886973758724|
- 4 stars out of 5 -- "'Alive' hits harder; 'Black' feels broader in scope; and Eddie Vedder's soaring vocals on 'Oceans' shine brighter."
- Ranked #32 in Spin Magazine's "90 Greatest Albums of the '90s."
- Ranked #15 in Spin's list of the 20 Best Albums Of 1991.
- Included in Q Magazine's "90 Best Albums Of The 1990s."
- Included in Q's list of the 50 Best Albums Of 1992.
- 4 Stars - Excellent - "...a raucous modern rock, spiked with infectious guitar motifs and powered with driving bass and drums...may well be the face of the 90's metal..."
- Ranked #34 in the Village Voice's list of the 40 Best Albums Of 1992.
- Performance "Challenging" / Recording "Good" - "...the band sounds larger than life, producing a towering inferno of roaring guitars, monumental bass and drums, and from-the-gut vocals...the tunes here surge, ebb, and surge again..."
- "[T]hese songs are as touching today as the day they came out..."
- "With its nod to classic '70s rock in the shotgun guitars and engaging Vedder's ragged, back-to-the-wall fury dissecting a fractured family life anthem like 'Alive' and 'Jeremy' sound as relevant and impassioned today as they did on the original release."
- "The hit singles 'Jeremy' and 'Alive' wove serious lyrical subject matter to flurrying guitar solos and singer Eddie Vedder's hectoring vocals..."
- 4 stars out of 5 -- "[With] classic songwriting that wasn't afraid to wear its influences on its sleeve....The freewheeling guitars of 'Even Flow' and 'Jeremy' sounded vintage even then, so it's no surprise that they've held up so well after all these years."
- 4 stars out of 5 -- "TEN is a classic of the grunge era, its super-sized anthems and introspective mood pieces powerfully voiced by Eddie Vedder..."
- 5 stars out of 5 -- "It's an exhilarating punk howl....It's a batch of outsider's tales coursing with beefy swagger..."
- 5 stars out of 5 -- "It sounds great...from the inflammatory guitar intro to the momentous 'Once' to the final handsome drift of 'Release,' it's a resplendent thing."
Pearl Jam rose from the ashes of Mother Love Bone to become the most popular American rock & roll band of the '90s. After vocalist Andrew Wood overdosed on heroin in 1990, guitarist Stone Gossard and bassist Jeff Ament assembled a new band, bringing in Mike McCready on lead guitar and recording a demo with Soundgarden's Matt Cameron on drums. Thanks to future Pearl Jam drummer Jack Irons, the demo found its way to a 25-year-old San Diego surfer named Eddie Vedder, who overdubbed vocals and original lyrics and was subsequently invited to join the band (then christened Mookie Blaylock after the NBA player). Dave Krusen was hired as the full-time drummer shortly thereafter, completing the original lineup. Renaming themselves Pearl Jam, the band recorded their debut album, Ten, in the beginning of 1991, although it wasn't released until August; in the meantime, the majority of the band appeared on the Andrew Wood tribute project Temple of the Dog. Krusen left the band shortly after the release of Ten; he was replaced by Dave Abbruzzese.
View all buying options for Ten (Collector's Edition Box Set) - Remastered
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
All our items are brand new - Ships directly from our Warehouse in California - Estimated delivery time: 5-7 days after shipment.
+ $7.04 shipping
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days
About the Seller
Marketplace Guarantee ClaimBuyers should receive Marketplace items in the condition that they were listed. We ask buyers to first contact the seller to give them a chance to address any issues. If the seller does not respond or if the issue is not addressed to the customer's satisfaction buyers can rely on our Rakuten.com Marketplace Guarantee Claim which, covers the first $750 of every purchase... read more
We do participate in Rakuten.com Shopping's 45 days return policy, however we ask that you contact us preferably within 7 days of receiving the incorrect shipment so arrangements can be made. You will received detailed return instructions based on your individual case.