1. Time, The (Dirty Bit) ~ The Black Eyed Peas
2. Light Up the Night ~ The Black Eyed Peas
3. Love You Long Time ~ The Black Eyed Peas
4. XOXOXO ~ The Black Eyed Peas
5. Someday ~ The Black Eyed Peas
6. Whenever ~ The Black Eyed Peas
7. Fashion Beats ~ The Black Eyed Peas
8. Don't Stop the Party ~ The Black Eyed Peas
9. Do It Like This ~ The Black Eyed Peas
10. Best One Yet, The (The Boy) ~ The Black Eyed Peas
11. Just Can't Get Enough ~ The Black Eyed Peas
12. Play It Loud ~ The Black Eyed Peas
|The Black Eyed Peas' sixth album, The Beginning is the follow-up to the group's blockbuster cd The E.N.D. released in June 2009, The E.N.D. has sold more than 11 million copies worldwide, while spending 52 weeks on the Billboard Top 200 chart. It is also the first album in two decades by a duo or group to yield five Top 10 songs on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, including the No. 1 hits "Boom Boom Pow," "I Gotta Feeling" (which is the best-selling digital song in SoundScan history), and "Imma Be," as well as the Top 10's "Meet Me Halfway" and "Rock That Body". In addition, The E.N.D. was nominated for six 2010 Grammy Awards and won for Best Pop Vocal Album, "Boom Boom Pow" won Best Short Form Music Video and "I Gotta Feeling" won for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group.|
While the title of The E.N.D. was a play on words (standing for "The Energy Never Dies"), the new album's title, The Beginning, "refers to what is actually happening in the world right now," says will.i.am. "The Beginning is symbolic of adopting new technologies, such as augmented reality, 3D, and 360 video. It's also about being experimental and taking songs we've liked from the past and playing around with sick, crazy beats."
Album Notes and Credits
Notes & Personnel Info
||Audio Mixer: Dylan Dresdow.
||Recording information: Ethernet Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Germano Studios, New York, NY; Glenwood Place Studios, Burbank, CA; Ibiza, Spain; the Record Plant, Hollywood, CA; The Stewchia, Los Feliz, CA; The Studio, Philadelphia, PA; Toronto, Canada; Venice, Italy.
||Creator: Ianthe Zevos.
||Following The E.N.D., a blockbuster album that went platinum in over a dozen countries, The Beginning is the Black Eyed Peas' sixth studio album. Its first single is "The Time (Dirty Bit)," a lighthearted and sleek dance-pop song that incorporates the BEPs' spin on the chorus to Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes' 1987 hit "(I've Had) The Time of My Life."
Producer: Andrew VanMeter
Associated Artists and Works
Rolling Stone - 3 stars out of 5 -- "The Peas have always been stylistically flexible, and on THE BEGINNING, they give themselves over more fully than ever to the groove palette of club culture, stirring up electro funk, Euro-trance and classic disco..."
- "Peas leader will.i.am mixes up house and disco beats, Chic and Slick Rick samples, wonky Moog hooks, crunchy guitars, and '70s funk bass into one of the year's wildest sonic stews."
- "Echoes of 'Dirty Dancing,' ghetto tech, Daft Punk, early Gwen Stefani and more waft throughout the set....The music is expertly produced..."