The Little Big Book Of Life (Hardcover)
From the Publisher:
The most inspiring of Welcome Books' Little Big Book series, The Little Big Book of Life is bursting with wisdom, humor, advice, poetry, fictional excerpts, songs, essays, commencement speeches, letters, and thoughts on how to value yourself and the things that matter to you most.
Included in this uplifting anthology are:
• 16 short stories and fictional excerpts from authors including J.M. Barrie, Ernest Hemingway, Kurt Vonnegut, Joseph Heller, and William Shakespeare.
• 30 poems from such poets as William Blake, Rudyard Kipling, Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, and e.e. cummings.
• 20 essays and graduation speeches, including everyone from Toni Morrison and Ken Burns to Jodie Foster and Russell Baker.
• 15 letters full of wisdom and advice, including those from Anne Frank, John Steinbeck, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. 12 songs, including James Taylor's "The Secret of Life," and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World."
• 10 comedy excerpts from such comedians as Woddy Allen, George Carlin, Bill Cosby, Whoopi Goldberg, and Jerry Seinfeld.
• Over 30 quotes & platitudes offering insight and advice on how to live your life.
The perfect gift for graduations, birthdays, or any life-changing event, Life will provide inspiration and guidance to anyone pondering their present or future.