Trust the bestselling Official Cert Guide series from VMware Press to help you learn, prepare, and practice forVCP5 exam success. They are the only VMware authorized self-study books and are built with the objective of providing assessment, review, and practice to help ensure you are fully prepared for your certification exam.
**Note to readers** In March 2013 VMware renamed the VCP5 (VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5) to VCP5-DCV (VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 - Data Center Virtualization).
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. ?Do I Know This Already?? quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
- Master VMware VCP510 exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the DVD
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VCP510 VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5. VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) Bill Ferguson shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The companion DVD contains a powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine that enables you to focus on individual topic areas or take a complete, timed exam. The assessment engine also tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The official study guide helps you master all the topics on the VCP510 exam, including:
- Understanding how virtualization can best be integrated into today's real-world IT environments
- Recognizing what to change, and what to leave alone
- Planning, installing, configuring, and upgrading vCenter Server and VMware ESXi Planning and configuring vSphere networking and storage
- Deploying and Administering Virtual Machines and vApps
- Establishing and Maintaining Service Levels
- Performing basic troubleshooting
- Monitoring vSphere implementations
- Managing vCenter Server alarms
- Preparing for the future of VMware virtualization
The Official VCP5 Certification Guide is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visitwww.vmware.com/training.
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7;