The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations The Grisly Business Unit (Hardcover)
|Author: Robert D./ Birnes Keppel|
$61.08 + Free Shipping
EARN 62 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
CONDITION: Brand New
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!
Alert me when this item is in stock.
More Buying Options
Learn more about The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations:
|*Author: Keppel, Robert D./ Birnes, William J. *Series Title: Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional *Subtitle: The Grisly Business Unit *Publication Date: 2003/08/20 *Number of Pages: 320 *Binding Type: Hardbound *Language: English *Depth: 1.00 *Width: 6.25 *Height: 9.25|
From the Publisher:
Serial killers like Seattle's Ted Bundy, Maryland's Beltway Sniper, Atlanta's Wayne Williams, or England's Peter Sutcliffe usually outsmart the task forces on their trail for long periods of time. Keppel and Birnes take readers inside the operations of serial killer task forces to learn why. What is the underlying psychology of a serial killer and why this defeats task force investigations?
This is the first book of its kind that combines state-of-the-art psychological assessment experience with the expertise of a homicide investigator who has tracked some of this country's most notorious serial killers. The author also brings to the book hands-on best practices gleaned from the experience of other task forces.
Readers, both professionals and students, will benefit from the comprehensive and critical case reviews, the analysis of what went wrong, what went right, and the after-action recommendations of evaluators in the US, UK, and Canada.
The book covers:
* The nature of the psychology of a serial killer
* How crime assessment profiling reveals that psychology
* Why psychological profiles fail
* How serial killer task forces defeat themselves
* How the media can, and usually does, undermine the task force operation
* The big secret of all serial killer investigations: police already have the killer's name
* The best practices for catching a serial killer
* Comprehensive case reviews of some of the US's and UK's most baffling serial killer cases
* A list of best practices for serial killer task force investigators
* Recommendations for how to manage comprehensive files and computer records
* Practical advice on how to manage the media: what to say and not to say
* Insight into what a serial killer might be thinking and doing to stay away from police
* Recommendations for setting up and administering long-term investigations
* Practical tips on how to maintain a task force's psychological edge and avoid defeatism
View all buying options for The Psychology of Serial Killer Investigations
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
New Book. Shipped from US within 10 to 14 business days. Established seller since 2000.
+ FREE SHIPPING
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days
+ FREE SHIPPING
Shipping: On Order
Condition: Brand New