The Seven T's Finding Hope and Healing in the Wake of Tragedy (Paperback)
|Author: Judy Collins|
$4.49 + $3.99 SHIPPING
EARN 5 RAKUTEN SUPER POINTS™
What are Rakuten Super Points™?
Get rewarded when you shop! Earn 1 point per dollar spent. That's like getting cash back on every purchase. Easy to see matured points in checkout. Use points just like cash.Learn More
|The death of a loved one is always painful and the grieving process complex and profound. Yet when the loss occurs under tragic circumstances, there is a whole other set of emotional variables that those left behind must face. Questions like "Could I have stopped this?" abound. Feelings of guilt, shame, and even anger combine with the overwhelming sadness of having to go on in the world without this dearly loved person. From her own experience of losing her son to suicide, as well as her conversations with hundreds of people who have grieved the tragic death of a friend or family member, Judy Collins have culled together seven powerful steps toward healing. The Seven T's are: |
- Truth: Tell it. Regardless of how terrible the facts may be and how hard it is to talk about it, don't hide the truth about how you lost the person you loved
- Trust: Allow it. Don't let the painful circumstances surrounding the death of your loved one keep you from talking with friends about your loss. Trust the people around you to give you the support you need.
- Therapy: Get it. Seek help, be it through traditional talk therapy, your art, meditation--whatever method you choose-but get the help you need.
- Treasure: Hold on. Don't stop treasuring your loved one. Don't let the horrible events leading to his or her death wash away all of the things that were good and beautiful about that person's life.
- Thrive: Keep living with your eyes wide open. Don't give in to the temptation to use alcohol or any other negative addiction to blunt or blur your sadness.
- Treat: Be kind to yourself. Give yourself the gift of self-nourishment.
- Triumph: You must. Live a life of joy, abundance, andforgiveness.
From a woman famous for her wisdom and compassion, The Seven T's is destined to become a classic on the subject of grieving and loss.
From the Publisher:
Draws on the popular singer and songwriter's experiences with losing a child to suicide to counsel readers on the grieving process associated with a tragic death, in a seven-step guide that shares compassionate advice on managing emotions, pursuing therapy, and remembering loved ones. Original.
Judy Collins has been a singer, songwriter, political activist, UNICEF spokesperson, and an actress.