Veterinary Drug Handbook Client Information (Paperback)
|Author: Gigi/ Plumb Davidson|
Learn more about Veterinary Drug Handbook:
|Both the book and CD-ROM include: |
- A fast and accessible search feature
- Over 150 of the most commonly prescribed drugs, including ophthalmic medications and other client instructions
- The capability to print out unlimited copies of any of the needed drug monographs
- Basic information on how to give the medication, potential side effects, and the conditions the medication is intended to treat
- Instructions for dogs, cats, birds, horses and other relevant species
From the Publisher:
The Veterinary Drug Handbook: Client Information Edition helps veterinarians and pharmacists bridge the drug information gap between themselves and the people (clients; owners) who are treating their animals.
Several studies have demonstrated that people receiving verbal information from health professionals retain very little of that information once they leave the premises of their health provider. The information provided in this book will supplement the actual care provided and help in the task at hand, namely to improve the health of animals. The authors have included drugs that are commonly prescribed by small animal and equine practitioners, both those that are veterinary and “human” labeled medications. The authors also provide this information in a format that can be understood by any reader.
The information presented in these monographs will enable the animal caregiver to be better informed about the medication in question and to work with their veterinarian and pharmacist on the journey to positive therapeutic outcomes.