Word by Word Basic English/Spanish Picture Dictionary, Second Edition, by Steven J. Molinsky and Bill Bliss, is the only truly communicative vocabulary development program. Word by Word Basic is famous worldwide for itsease-of-use, lively spirit, and active conversational approach. The program's unique interactive methodology makes vocabulary learning come alive as a dynamic, communicative experience!
Outstanding features of the second edition:
- Vibrant illustrations and simple accessible lesson pageswith large type are designed for clarity and ease-of-use with learners at low-beginning and literacy levels.Word by Word Basic is the most learner-friendly picture dictionary.
- More than 2,500 essential words prepare students for success using English in everyday life, in the community, in school, and at work.
- A careful research-based sequence of lessons integrates students? development of grammar and vocabulary skills through topics that begin with the immediate world of the student and progress to the world at large.
- Expanded discussion questions encourage students to relate vocabulary topics to their own lives, experiences, and opinions.
Innovative supplements provide effective instructional tools for teachers and multilevel options for students:
The English/Spanish Edition
presents the second language in blue next to each English word. Amonolingual English version
is also available.
The Teacher?s Guide and Lesson Planner with CD-ROMincludes lesson-planning suggestions, community tasks, Internet web links, and reproducible masters.
- A Vocabulary Workbook feature motivating vocabulary, grammar, and listening practice (Audio CDs included).
- A Lifeskills Workbook provides standards-based activities and reading tied to major curriculum frameworks.
- A Literacy Workbook offers fundamental practice with the alphabet and basic reading and writing skills for pre-Beginners (Audio CD included).
- The Audio Program includes all words and conversations for interactive practice and ? as bonus material ? an expanded selection of WordSongs for entertaining vocabulary practice through music.
- Color Transparencies and Vocabulary Game Cards are ideal picture resources for introducing, practicing, and reviewing vocabulary.
- The Testing Program and ExamView CD-ROM provide effective tools for assessment of student progress.