Writer With A Day Job Inspiration & Exercises to Help You Craft a Writing Life Alongside Your Career (Paperback)
|Author: Aine Greaney|
|Balancing a full-time job and a productive writing life is no easy feat! This book offers writers advice, skill-building techniques, prompts, and exercises in every chapter, and strategies on how to get and keep writing while also working the 9 to 5 grind. Readers will discover tips and exercises for: |
1. Setting and protecting personal writing goals
2. Creating a schedule that complements their stamina
3. Getting creative before and after work - and on their lunch hour
4. Finding inspiration in the most unlikely of spots and at the most impromptu of times
5. Writing proficiently in multiple forms (long and short) so that they don''t get bogged down writing one long project
6. Becoming an active participant in writing communities so they have a solid support system at the ready
7. Figuring out how (if at all) to share their writing life with co-workers, friends, and family members
From the Publisher:
Don?t let the daily grind drain your creative energy!
You can work full time and still have a productive writing life. Many writers waste time waiting for the day they can finally quit their day jobs and live the so-called writing dream. Don?t wait. You can do both ? and your writing will be the better for it.
Balancing a full-time job and a productive writing life is no easy feat! This book offers writers advice, skill-building techniques, prompts, and exercises in every chapter, and strategies on how to get and keep writing while also working the 9 to 5 grind.Readers will discover tips and exercises for:
You?ll also get quick, practical tutorials to help you master scenes, point of view, characters, settings, dialogue, and more.
Writer With a Day Job gives you the strategies and motivation you need to work 40 hours a week (or more!) and achieve writing success.