1. Yellow Submarine
2. Only a Northern Song
3. All Together Now
4. Hey Bulldog
5. It's All Too Much
6. All You Need is Love
8. Sea of Time
9. Sea of Holes
10. Sea of Monsters
11. March of the Meanies
12. Pepperland Laid Waist
13. Yellow Submarine in Pepperland
14. Yellow Submarine Documentary
Album Notes and Credits
Notes & Personnel Info
|The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Paul McCartney (vocals, guitar, bass); George Harrison (vocals, guitar); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums).|
|This reissue of YELLOW SUBMARINE has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album.|
|Audio Remasterers: Sean Magee; Sam O'Kell; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.|
|Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Dan Davis; Kevin Howlett.|
|Recording information: 05/26/1966-10/23/1968.|
|Starting out as a sing-a-long vehicle for Ringo Starr on REVOLVER, "Yellow Submarine" became the inspiration for the 1968 animated feature film of the same name. Most of the soundtrack was composed and orchestrated by George Martin, but the remaining six songs were far from being Beatle cast-offs. George Harrison's two contributions, "Only A Northern Song" and "It's All Too Much" mark the adventurously experimental phase the Beatles were in at that time and dabble in woozy psychedelic shadings laced with orchestrations that continued to influence cutting-edge pop artists for decades to come. Along with the aforementioned "Yellow Submarine," other Lennon/McCartney compositions include the good-time, skiffle-flavored "All Together Now," the Lennon-driven rocker "Hey Bulldog," and "All You Need Is Love"--the unofficial flower-power anthem.|
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Geoff Emerick
|Best Of George Harrison|
|In The Beginning|
|The Us Vs John Lennon|
|Billboard Top 10 Karaoke Box Set Vol|
|Billboard 1970'S Top 40 Karaoke Box S|
|Billboard Top 10 Karaoke:70's Vol 3|
|Billboard 1960'S Top 40 Karaoke Box S|
Associated Artists and Works
|Release Date : 09/09/2009|
|Original Release Date : 1969|
|Catalog ID : 3824672|
|Label : Apple Corps|
|Number of Discs : 1|
|Studio/Live : Studio|
|Mono/Stereo : Stereo|
|SPAR Code : n/a|
|UPC : 00946382467256|
- 3.5 stars out of 5 - "...Without the visuals, YELLOW SUBMARINE...essentailly amounts to an overview of the Beatles' psychedelic phase, and, as such, it's entertaining enough..."
- "...there's no disputing the enduring charms of these playfully spacey tunes, which add up to a handy distillation of the Fab Four's psychedelic period." - Rating: B
- 4 stars out of 5 - "...Songs such as 'Eleanor Rigby' and 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds'...stripped down to the crank-case, polished and carefully rebuilt....the music is still wonderful..."
- "...the boys' oddest, most wayward period....Why not another chance to celebrate a modern entertainment wonder that never loses its humanity throughout time and repacking - the Beatles?"
- "...a Beatle lucky dip is never less than serendipitous....the Yellow Submarine tracks, throwaways or not, are individual marvels..."
"I have never seen anything like it. Nor heard any noise to approximate the ceaseless, frantic, hysterical scream which met the Beatles when they took the stage after what seemed a hundred years of earlier acts. All very good, all marking time, because no one had come for anything other than the Beatles...
Then the theatre went wild. First aid men and police -- men in the stalls, women mainly in the balcony -- taut and anxious, patrolled the aisles, one to every three rows.
Many girls fainted. Thirty were gently carried out, protesting in their hysteria, forlorn and wretched in an unrequited love for four lads who might have lived next door.
The stalls were like a nightmare March Fair. No one could remain seated. Clutching each other, hurling jelly babies at the stage, beating their brows, the youth of Britain's second city surrendered themselves totally."
- Derek Taylor (From his book Fifty Years Adrift)
View all buying options for Yellow Submarine (Remastered)
|SHOP INFORMATION||PRODUCT DETAILS||PRICE/SHIPPING/AVAILABILITY/CONDITION|
+ $1.90 shipping
Shipping: Usually Ships within 24 hours
Condition: Brand New
Buy with confidence. Excellent Customer Service & Return policy. (YELLOW SUBMARINE)
+ $1.81 shipping
Shipping: Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days