SquareTrade Care Plan
Provided by SquareTrade Warranty Services
575 Market Street, 10th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Buyer First Name, Buyer Last Name
Buyer Address 2
City, State Zip
Congratulations on purchasing this Service Agreement through SquareTrade. Please read these terms and conditions carefully so that you fully understand your coverage under this Agreement.
"We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean AMT Service Corp. (59 Maiden Lane; 6th Floor, New York, NY 10038). In Florida "We", "Us" and "Our" shall mean Technology Insurance Company, (59 Maiden Lane; 6th Floor, New York, NY 10038).
"You" or "Your" shall mean the purchaser of the product(s) covered by this Service Agreement.
Manufacturer Supported Products ("MSP")
are defined as new, non-refurbished products that come with a minimum ninety (90) day US manufacturer's warranty from the date of Product purchase.
Other Products ("OP")
are products purchased for $1,000 or less that are used, refurbished, or have less than ninety (90) days of original US manufacturer's warranty at the time of purchase, or those for which the original manufacturer's warranty is not valid in the US
WHAT IS COVERED:
The Service Agreement will cover a mechanical or electrical failure of the covered product(s) ("Product") during normal usage for the term of this Service Agreement if the Product is not covered under any other warranty, insurance policy, or service contract.
We will issue a voucher or check for the original purchase price up to the Limit of Liability or Products may be repaired or replaced with a like-featured product at our discretion. Replacement parts will be new, rebuilt or non-original manufacturer's parts that perform to the factory specifications of the Product at our sole option.
This Service Agreement does not cover repair or replacement of the Product for any of the causes or provide coverage for any losses set forth in the section entitled WHAT IS NOT COVERED
WHAT IS COVERED JEWELRY & WATCHES:
PLACE OF SERVICE:
At our discretion, large items will receive On-Site Service and we will arrange to repair or replace the Product at Your location during normal business hours.
For shippable items You will be responsible for safe packaging and delivery or shipment, prepaid and insured, of the Product to Our authorized service facility for repair or replacement. If the authorized service facility determines the item is in working condition or is not covered by Your Service Agreement, You will be responsible for paying return shipping charges plus a service fee for the return of Your Product.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
The total amount that We will pay for repairs or replacement made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event that We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the purchase price or replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, OR LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE FAILURE OF ANY PRODUCT OR EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICE OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE.
- The term of the Service Agreement for MSP products shall be listed on your purchase receipt ("Receipt") commencing on the date of purchase of the eligible Product(s) and inclusive of the US manufacturer's warranty. This Service Agreement does not replace the manufacturer's warranty, but provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer's warranty.
- The term of the Service Agreement for OP products shall be as listed on your Receipt, commencing on the sixty-first (61) day after the date of purchase of the Product. We shall not be responsible for product failure within the first sixty (60) days after the date of purchase of the eligible Product(s). The No Lemon Coverage is not applicable to OP products.
- If a Product is represented to be an MSP product and determined to be otherwise, we reserve the right to either change the term of the Service Agreement to that of OP products or cancel this Service Agreement and refund Your premium.
There is no deductible for this Service Agreement except for claims as a result of accidental damage from handling (ADH) coverage. The applicable deductible for ADH coverage claims is defined in the section entitled "Optional Accidental Damage from Handling" below, and will be listed on Your Receipt.
OPTIONAL ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FROM HANDLING (ADH):
Only MSP products are eligible for ADH coverage. If You elect to include accidental damage from handling (ADH) as an integral part of Your coverage program, it augments Your Product warranty by providing additional protection to Your MSP product after an initial 30 day waiting period from the date of purchase. The term of the ADH coverage will be listed on Your Receipt. There is a $50 deductible for claims made under the ADH provision.
If You purchased ADH coverage on a Product that turns out not to be an MSP product, ADH coverage will be declined and You will receive a refund for this coverage.
ADH does not provide protection against normal wear and tear, theft, mysterious disappearance, misplacement, viruses, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the product, cosmetic damage and/or other damage that does not affect unit functionality, or damage caused during shipment between You and Our service providers. If protective items such as covers, carrying cases or pouches, etc., were provided or made available for use with Your product, it is expected that You will continually use these product accessories for protection against damage to the product. Abuse is defined as Your intentional non-utilization of protective items during product use, or Your treatment of the product(s) that You have purchased for Your use in a harmful, injurious or offensive manner that may result in its damage. Any resultant damage from this type of treatment is NOT covered by this ADH program
WHAT TO DO IF A COVERED PRODUCT REQUIRES SERVICE:
Log in to your account on SquareTrade and submit a claim. SquareTrade will attempt to resolve the problem You are experiencing over the telephone. If SquareTrade can not resolve the problem, You will be directed to another service center authorized by the Administrator. Service will be provided during normal business hours and in the US only. You may contact the Administrator
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
NOTE: THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT MAY BECOME VOID IF YOU MAKE UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS
- ANY EQUIPMENT LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA;
- ANY PRODUCT FRAUDULENTLY DESCRIBED OR MIS REPRESENTED BY THE ITEM SELLER;
- MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT NECESSITATED BY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE OTHER THAN NORMAL USE AND OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURER'S SPECIFICATIONS AND OWNER'S MANUAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THEFT, EXPOSURE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS, OPERATOR NEGLIGENCE, MISUSE, ABUSE, IMPROPER ELECTRICAL/POWER SUPPLY, UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS, IMPROPER EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS, ATTACHMENTS OR INSTALLATION, VANDALISM, ANIMAL OR INSECT INFESTATION, RUST, DUST, CORROSION, DEFECTIVE BATTERIES, BATTERY LEAKAGE, LACK OF MANUFACTURER-SPECIFIED MAINTENANCE, OR ACTS OF NATURE OR ANY OTHER PERIL ORIGINATING FROM OUTSIDE THE PRODUCT;
- COSMETIC DAMAGE TO CASE OR CABINETRY OR OTHER NON-OPERATING PARTS OR COMPONENTS WHICH DOES NOT AFFECT UNIT FUNCTIONALITY;
- TELEVISION OR PERSONAL COMPUTER MONITOR SCREEN IMPERFECTIONS, INCUDING "BURN-IN" OR BURNED CRT PHOSPHOR;
- PROJECTOR OR REAR PROJECTION TV BULBS UNLESS THAT SPECIFIC COVERAGE HAS BEEN PURCHASED WITH YOUR SERVICE AGREEMENT;
- DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE LCD SCREENS WHEN THE FAILURE IS CAUSED BY ABUSE OR IS OTHERWISE EXCLUDED HEREIN;
- EQUIPMENT USED FOR RENTAL OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES OR IN INDUSTRIAL SETTINGS;
- ACCIDENTAL OR INTENTIONAL DAMAGE, CRACKED OR DAMAGED MONITOR, LAPTOP OR DISPLAY SCREENS, LIQUID DAMAGE, ETC., UNLESS OPTIONAL ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FROM HANDLING (ADH) COVERAGE WAS PURCHASED WITH YOUR SERVICE AGREEMENT;
- ANY AND ALL PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS THAT OCCUR PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS CONTRACT;
- CASES WHEREIN THE MANUFACTURER ACKNOWLEDGES THE EXISTENCE OF A VALID US MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY AND DENIES A CLAIM AGAINST THE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY;
- CONSUMER REPLACEABLE AND/OR LOST OR CONSUMABLE ITEMS SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO BATTERIES, BULBS, TONER, RIBBONS, INK CARTRIDGES, DRUMS, BELTS, PRINTER HEADS, ETC.;
- PRODUCT(S) WITH REMOVED OR ALTERED SERIAL NUMBERS;
- DAMAGE OR EQUIPMENT FAILURE WHICH IS COVERED BY MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY, MANUFACTURER'S RECALL, OR FACTORY BULLETINS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE MANUFACTURER IS DOING BUSINESS AS AN ONGOING ENTERPRISE);
- DAMAGE TO COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE AND DATA CAUSED BY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, VIRUSES, APPLICATION PROGRAMS, NETWORK PROGRAMS, UPGRADES, FORMATTING OF ANY KIND, DATABASES, FILES, DRIVERS, SOURCE CODE, OBJECT CODE OR PROPRIETARY DATA, OR ANY SUPPORT, CONFIGURATION, INSTALLATION OR REINSTALLATION OF ANY SOFTWARE OR DATA;
- CHARGES RELATED TO TRANSPORTATION DAMAGE, CUSTOMER EDUCATION, CLEANING, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE, "NO PROBLEM FOUND" DIAGNOSIS, NON FAILURE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ITEMS NOT COVERED SUCH AS NOISES, SQUEAKS, ETC; INTERMITTENT ISSUES ARE NOT CONSIDERED PRODUCT FAILURES.
- JEWELRY OR WATCHES THAT THAT ARE USED OR REFURBISHED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.
. We reserve the right to inspect the Product from time to time.
This Service Agreement may, at Our discretion, be renewed at the expiration of its term. When we offer to renew the Service Agreement, the renewal price quoted will reflect the age of the Product and the prevailing service cost at the time of the renewal.
TRANSFER OF SERVICE AGREEMENT:
This Service Agreement may be transferred to any person in the United States. Log in to your account on the SquareTrade website.
Although We maintain a record of Your Service Agreement purchase, You must have in Your possession a copy or Your original purchase receipt in order to present a claim.
NO LEMON POLICY:
If Your Covered Product is an MSP product and has three service repairs completed for the same problem, which repairs are covered by this Service Agreement, and a fourth such repair for the same problem occurs, as determined by Us, within any twelve (12) month period, the Covered Product will be replaced with a comparable product. The cost of the replacement will not exceed the original Product's purchase price and may be less due to technological advances. The original Product and purchase receipts must be returned to Us along with authorized service receipts from the three prior repair incidents to qualify. Preventive maintenance , checks, cleanings, Product diagnosis, customer education, accessory repairs/replacements, computer software related problems and repairs done outside of the continental USA are not considered repairs for the purposes of the No Lemon Policy. Upon replacement of a Product, We will have no further obligation to repair or replace the Product and You will not be entitled to make any further claims for its repair or replacement
POWER SURGE PROTECTION:
This Service Agreement protects against the operational failure of a covered Product resulting from a power surge while properly connected to an Underwriter Laboratories-approved surge protector. You may be asked to provide Your surge protector for examination.
This is not an insurance policy. We have obtained various insurance policies to insure Our performance under this Service Agreement. Should We fail to pay any claim or fail to replace the Product covered under this Service Agreement within sixty (60) days after Product has been returned or, in the event that You cancel this Service Agreement, and We, fail to refund the unearned portion of the Service Agreement price, You are entitled to make a direct claim against the insurance company. The insurer is Wesco Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10038 and you may contact them toll-free at 866-505-4048.
NOTE: THE ABOVE GUARANTEE DOES NOTAPPLY TO SERVICE AGREEMENTS SOLD IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA
You may cancel this Service Agreement for any reason at any time. To cancel it, log in to the SquareTrade website. If You cancel this Service Agreement within the first sixty (60) days after receipt of this Service Agreement You will receive a full refund, less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If You cancel after the first sixty (60) days from receipt of this Service Agreement, You will receive a pro rata refund based on the time remaining on Your Service Agreement, less an administrative fee, not to exceed ten percent (10%) of the price of the Service Agreement or ten dollars ($10.00), whichever is less, and less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If We cancel Your Service Agreement, You will be refunded the unearned pro rata purchase price of the Service Agreement, less any claims paid, where allowed by law.
NOT AS REPRESENTED;
We may cancel this Service Agreement at Our option on the basis of fraud or misrepresentation
. If this Service Agreement was inadvertently sold to You on a product which was not intended to be covered by this Service Agreement, We will cancel this Service Agreement and return the full purchase price of the Service Agreement to You.
This Service Agreement sets forth the entire contract between the parties and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms.
AMT -SquareTrade T & C 8_07_08