The sleek, compact USB SuperDrive.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you're at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD movie, install software, create backup discs, and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working.
The essence of simplicity.
You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, or Mac mini with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
- Host Interface USB
- Product Type DVD-Writer
- Manufacturer Part Number MD564ZM/A
- Manufacturer Apple, Inc
- Product Name USB SuperDrive with Attached USB Cable
- Brand Name Apple
- Package Contents
- USB SuperDrive with Attached USB Cable
- User's Guide
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- MacBook Air Computer
- Mac Mini Computer
- Weight (Approximate) 11.82 oz
- Drive Type External
- Height 0.7"
- Width 5.5"
- Depth 5.5"
- Maximum DVD Write Speed 8x
- Maximum DVD Rewrite Speed 8x
- Maximum DVD Read Speed 8x
- Maximum CD Write Speed 24x
- Maximum CD Rewrite Speed 16x
- Maximum CD Read Speed 24x
- Optical Media Supported DVDR/RW
- Media Layer Supported Double-layer