With the Nikon 1 J5 in your hand you can leave the limitations of shooting with a smartphone far behind. A back illuminated CX format sensor four times larger than the sensor found in most compact cameras is specifically designed to capture the higher possible amount of light. Every pixel is reproduced to deliver 20.8 megapixel images bursting with color and fine detail. Together with the cameras wide ISO range of 160-12800 and the better noise reduction capabilities of its Expeed 5A image processor you get clear images no matter what kind of scene you are shooting. Thanks to accelerated processing speeds nothing moves too quickly for the Nikon 1 J5 s hybrid autofocus system, which employs a total of 171 autofocus points to rapidly lock-on to your subject. Using 105 phase detection AF points to detect movement at breakneck speed, fast contrast-detect AF extends to the edges of the frame so sharp focus on peripheral subjects can be achieved, even in low light. Shooting rapidly at 20 fps with continuous AF or up to 60 fps with focus fixed at the first frame, the Nikon 1 J5 can bring home action shots even a DSLR might miss. For easy access to the camera s burst modes, simply turn the mode dial to sports where you can select the speed you want to shoot at, and instantly view fast action sequences as one group of shots.
- From exceptional low-light images to artistically blurred backgrounds, the J5 brings a new level of image quality with its large back-illuminated 20.8-megapixel CMOS sensor
- Records video footage in ultra-sharp 4K and Full HD and smooth time-lapse movies
- Shoot at a blazing fast 20 fps with continuous AF or up to 60 fps with focus fixed at the first frame
- Tiltable 3.0-in Touchscreen LCD monitor enables clear operation even when the monitor is tilted
- Wi-Fi and NFC capability make it easier than ever to share every brilliant shot via a smart device