The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Lens is a telephoto lens that is compatible with both FX and DX-sized image sensors. This lens features a rugged magnesium alloy barrel construction that provides durability and strength that are suitable for its use with wildlife, nature, and sports shooting applications.
The lens construction integrates two fluorite lens elements to help reduce the overall weight of the lens while also offering chromatic aberration-reduction benefits. Also aiding in the reduction of chromatic aberration is the inclusion of two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements that furthermore provide an increase in image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity. A Nano Crystal Coat is applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections and ghosting for greater image clarity and contrast. Built-in Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to lessen the appearance of blur caused by camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops, which greatly benefits this lens' use in low-light conditions and fast-paced photography. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
The AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included with the lens to further extend the effective focal length to 1000mm f/7.1. This teleconverter incorporates an ED element into its design to maintain the high image quality achieved by the lens alone. Additionally, the electromagnetic aperture control is fully supported when the teleconverter is in use.
- Compatible with both Nikon FX- and DX-sized image sensors.
- Two fluorite and two ED lens elements help to reduce chromatic aberrations and improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity.
- Nano Crystal Coat minimizes surface and internal reflections and ghosting for greater light transmission and image contrast.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to four shutter speed stops, benefitting this lens' use in fast-paced and low-light situations.
- Electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control over focus placement and for fine-tuning of focus.
- Magnesium alloy lens barrel construction provides additional durability and rigidity to lens.
- The AF-S Teleconverter TC800-1.25E ED is included to effectively increase the lens' focal length to 1000mm f/7.1 (FX format). This teleconverter integrates an ED lens element to maintain the high image quality of the lens itself and the electromagnetic aperture mechanism is fully functional when using the teleconverter.
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/5.6 - 32
- Two Fluorite and Two ED Lens Elements
- Nano Crystal & Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor and MF Override
- Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization
- Electromagnetic Aperture Mechanism
- Magnesium Alloy; Dust & Water Resistant
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Included Dedicated 1.25x Teleconverter
Return and Tax Policies
If you are not satisfied with your order and wish to initiate a return, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. All returns must be accompanied with an RA number assigned by a Sixth Avenue Electronics Express representative. Products must be in Brand New condition, including the manufacturer's box with all included accessories. We will not accept any returns without the recorded serial numbers and upc numbers intact on the box. Returned items will be subject to a restocking fee of 5%-20% of the total price. Shipping price is not refundable. The buyer is responsible for shipping charges to return an item back to us. If an item arrives Damaged, please contact us immediately. We will file a claim with the shipper, and ship a replacement as soon as the claim is approved (between 1-6 business days). We hope items never arrived damaged, but unfortunately it does infrequently occur. We thank you in advance for working with us. Certain products are not eligible to be returned at all. Those include hygienic and personal care products (e.g shavers), a/v equipment, and special order products.
New Jersey residents are subject to sales tax.