Pentax is carving out a substantial niche for itself by focusing many of its products on the outdoor and adventure market. Today the Ricoh-owned camera maker introduced two new flavors of its top line camera, the Pentax K-5 II and Pentax K-5 IIs. Both cameras feature a rugged body construction that is water-, cold- and dust-resistant, and are built around the same 16MP APS CMOS sensor. The main difference is that the K-5IIs comes without an anti-aliasing filter, making it better suited for commercial and studio photography, while the K-5 II is designed to be taken to places where the photographer may not necessarily have control over lighting. Pentax K-5 IIs Key Features: 16MP CMOS sensor No anti aliasing filter: improved sharpness and detail ISO range 100-12,800 native, expandable to 80-51,200 3-inch, 921k dot LCD monitor Weather-resistant Shake Reduction Optical Viewfinder with 100% field of view 7fps burst rate up to 30 consecutive images in JPEG 18 digital filters RAW or JPEG format The Pentax K-5 II's magnesium alloy exterior and highly rigid stainless steel chassis is sturdy and lightweight, with 77 seals to keep out dust and rain. The camera i s claimed to offer reliable operation down to 14 degrees F, and has a shutter release with a top shutter speed of 1/8000 second, rated to last up to 100,000 shots. The glass Pentaprism viewfinder offers a full 100% field of view, with a Natural-Brigh t Ma
- 1/8000 shutter speed: A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed freezes even the fastest action without subject movement blur.
- 100% field of view: High quality glass pentaprism viewfinder features 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification, for perfect framing accuracy.
- 1080p HD video: Capture widescreen HD video with stunning detail at full 1080p resolution and 25 FPS, including sound via a built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
- 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system: New, highly advanced and accurate 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system offers the widest EV focus range in its class and is ideal for focusing in low conditions, as low as -3EV.
- 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor: High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated Analog to Digital (AD) conversion circuitry captures outstanding image detail with pixels to spare.
- 7 FPS: Speedy 7 FPS framerate captures fast action shots in demanding situations.
- 77 segment metering system: Highly accurate 77 segment metering system for perfectly exposed images even in difficult lighting.
- 80-51200 ISO: High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance throughout, including ISO-specific noise reduction.
- Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD: Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution offers a premium image review experience by eliminating the gap typically found between the LCD screen and screen cover, giving a
- Anti Aliasing filterless design: Anti Aliasing filterless design achieves superior resolution for rich, detailed imagery at supreme resolution where camera settings, lens selection and shooting conditions are controlled to prevent moire.
- brighter and sharper image.
- Built-in electronic level: Built-in electronic level now features a tilt scale display in Live View.
- camera is worthy of fixation.
- Customizable RAW/Fx button: Customizable RAW/Fx button allows for easy access to common shooting settings."
- HDMI port: An HDMI port outputs high definition images, video and sound to HDTVs.
- HDR image capture: Improved in-camera HDR image capture features more blending options and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
- PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG files: Native support for both PENTAX PEF and Adobe DNG 14 bit RAW files, including the ability to retrieve RAW data from JPG files if still present in buffer memory.
- Rugged design: Durable magnesium alloy covers surround a rugged stainless steel chassis.
- Shake reduction: PENTAX body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system is compatible with every PENTAX lens ever made.
- Special effects filters: A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer's artistic expression.
- Stay obsessed - great just got better: The K-5 II takes greatness to the next level. Its high resolution sensor, highly advanced autofocus system and accurate shake reduction system coupled with its weather sealed coldproof design ensure that this
- Image Stabilization Type : Optical
- Resolution : 4928 x 3264
- Focus Mode : Auto
- Color Class : Black
- Camera Resolution (Megapixel) : 16.3
- Maximum Still Frame Rate (fps) : 30
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Memory Card Type : SD
- Image Format : Raw