Convenient Size Excellent Audio Built to bring the big surround sound theater experience into the comfort of your living room the Polk Signature Series continues in the Polk tradition of American Hi-Fi. Featuring Hi-Res certification Dynamic Balance driver design Terylene tweeters mica-reinforced polypropylene cones precision crossovers an anti-diffraction magnetic grille a non-resonant MDF cabinet and exclusive Power Port technology you get elevated sound for movies TV and music in a totally re-imagined design thanks to the Signature Series. Main Features Premium American Hi-Fi home theater tower speaker Rich clean full-range sound for music TV and movies with Dynamic Balance designed acoustic array 1" high-resolution Terylene tweeter for crystal-clear high-frequency response 6.5" mica-reinforced polypropylene cones for clean clear bass better linearity and increased dynamic mid-range Exclusive Polk Power Port technology for greater more impactful bass High-sensitivity and maximum compatibility with most modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers Four-driver cascading crossover array for more life-like soundstage Anti-diffraction magnetic grille to minimize sonic interference Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts for bi-wire and bi-amp configurations Dual-floor compatible feet for carpet and hard floors Limited five-year warranty New Dynamic Balance Acoustic Array Whether upgrading your home theater setup with an advanced Atmos configuration or enjoying your favorite music Dynamic Balance ensures a rich clean full-range sound no matter what you're listening to. This patented technology eliminates issues that reduce speaker performance. High-Resolution Audio Performance Polk's newly-designed Terylene dome tweeter delivers clear and detailed high-frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments. Certified and capable of delivering 40kHz to support the latest high resolution audio files so it feels like you're right there in the studio or concert hall. Custom Mid-Range Drivers Mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with butyl rubber surrounds four-layer voice coils massive ceramic motor structures and high-temperature Conex fiber spiders combine to create drivers of exceptionally high efficiency resulting in clean clear bass better linearity lower distortion and great durability. Power Port Deep Bass Technology Power Port is Polk's patented design that smoothly transitions the air flow from the speaker's port into your listening area. It also extends the overall bass port providing great surface area to eliminate turbulence and distortion for bigger more musical deep bass impact. Plus it offers 3dB more bass response output than a traditional port. Four-Driver Cascading Tapered Crossover Array These speakers give you a seamless life-like soundstage no matter where you're seated in your listening room. There's no more "sweet spot" - instead it's all around you. Quality Crafted Cabinet Design Strong rigid and acoustically inert enclosure reduces unwanted internal standing waves for less audible coloration. And non-resonant Meddite MDF construction with extra bracing and minimum thick baffles ensuring a more life-like sound. American Modern Styling Curved edges offer a sensual yet powerful look that fits with any home dcor. Limited Warranty Designed in California engineered in Baltimore and manufactured under the strictest quality controls Polk speakers are built to last and include a limited five-year warranty. What's in the Box: Signature Series S55 American Hi-Fi Home Theater Medium Tower Speaker Owner's manual Registration card Adhesive-backed rubber pads Specifications Dimensions (D x H x W): 12.5" x 41.5" x 8.5" (11.7" including feet) Weight: 44 lbs. Driver complement midrange diameter: 6.5" Driver complement midrange quantity: 2 Driver complement midrange type: Dynamic balance mica reinforced polypropylene Driver complement tweeter diameter: 1" Driver complement tweeter quantity: 1 Driver complement tweeter type: Terylene high-res dome Electrical inputs: Dual gold-plated 5-way binding post Max sensitivity: 90dB Nominal impedance: Compatible with 8 ohm outputs Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 200wpc Total frequency response: 32Hz - 40kHz Crossover frequency: 2.5kHz
- Item Package Quantity:
Return and Tax Policies
You can return an item within the first 30 days from the shipping date. We'll gladly exchange it or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise-whichever you prefer. All returned or exchanged items must be in their original box and include packing material, manuals, and all accessories. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee will be collected on all opened items unless shipped damaged or defective and must be reported within 24 hours upon receiving the product. When your returned product arrives at Abt, either a refund will be issued or we will exchange your product and send a new one out to you. If you have received a defective unit, some manufacturers may require one service call to diagnose the issue.
- 15 day limit on the return of camcorders, digital cameras, GPS navigation, PDAs, portable DVD players, computers & accessories, sunglasses and watches.
- 10% restocking fee for all opened items unless damaged or defective.
- Opened satellite boxes & systems (or activated cards) may not be returned. Exchanges can be done through the manufacturer.
- No returns on opened computer software, video games and gaming systems.
- Perishable items (water filters, coffee beans, etc.) cannot be returned.
- Free shipping (and reduced shipping) promos do not apply to return/exchange shipping on freighted items (50 lbs or more).
How To Return
1. Call us at 1-800-914-1892 to request a RA (Return Authorization) number. Items cannot be returned and will not be accepted if you do not include a RA number. If you think an item you ordered might be defective, please call Abt technical support at 1-800-914-1892. Often, they can help you solve setup and installation problems by troubleshooting with you over the phone. If it turns out you do need to return a product, call the Abt customer service department at 1-800-914-1892 and have your invoice number ready.
2. Pack up your merchandise. The item should be returned in the manufacturer's box with all accessories (manual, remote, wires, etc.) along with a copy of your original invoice. Please use the original outside box. A safely packaged and complete return is less likely to incur damage or a restocking fee. Please contact us for instructions on how to pack oversized or freighted items.
3. Attach the appropriate shipping labels. Remove old shipping labels or mark out the original tracking numbers before attaching the new shipping labels. We recommend that you use UPS Ground Service "Insured." To find the nearest UPS location, please call (800) PICK-UPS. If you live within the Chicago area, you can return or exchange your merchandise directly at our store.
Refusing A Package
If you should place an order with Abt and then refuse a package for any reason other than damage to the package, please know that you will receive a refund for the amount of your original transaction less any shipping charges we incurred in getting the package to you originally as well as the cost of the return shipping.
Abt does not collect sales tax on any item ordered to customers outside our normal truck delivery area. If you live within Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana or Michigan, you will incur taxes at the rates listed. IL residents pay 8.75% sales tax, WI sales tax is determined by delivery point (5% to 6.1%), IN residents pay 7% sales tax, and MI residents pay 6% sales tax. You may be required to remit sales tax to your local taxing authority.