Supercharge Your Home Theater or Hi-Fi System with MusicCast Streaming Audio Connect your existing home theater AV receiver or Hi-Fi system to the Yamaha WXC-50 compact preamp then use your Wi-Fi network to access all of your music from a simple app. Add other MusicCast speakers sound bars or receivers for wireless multiroom audio playback. High-performance design with premium audio components Extremely versatile control and connectivity options Access to your music library Pandora Spotify Rhapsody and more MusicCast app for Apple iOS and Android devices Conveniently slim can be placed horizontally or vertically Audiophile Sound Exquisite Design The WXC-50 features a solid metal body with an aluminum cover and a slim compact design that fits just about anywhere. Under the hood youll find high-performance components and advanced circuitry that deliver powerful sonically-pure preamplification. Control at Your Fingertips Connect the WXC-50 to your existing AV receiver or Hi-Fi system then download the free MusicCast app to connect it to your existing home Wi-Fi to create a powerful streaming audio system. Quickly select sources browse your music library and control playback right from your smartphone or tablet. You can also control sound EQ settings from the app. All Your Content Access streaming music and Internet radio stations music files on your mobile devices and computers Bluetooth sources and external sources such as a TV Blu-ray Disc player or even a turntable. MusicCast A single WXC-50 can be used with your home theater or Hi-Fi system to create a standalone streaming audio system or multiple units can be used throughout the home. Play different music in each room or get everyone listening to the same thing. It can also be used with other MusicCast speakers sound bars AV receivers or Hi-Fi gear providing more options and versatility than ever before. Bluetooth and AirPlay Stream virtually any audio source via Bluetooth as an input to the WXC-50. Bluetooth sources can be redistributed through Wi-Fi to other MusicCast devices. Or stream using AirPlay from an Apple device to a single unit. Slim Compact Design Only 2" tall and 8-3/8" wide it can be placed horizontally or vertically allowing it to fit neatly in almost any space. Rack Shelf Friendly With the feet removed the WXC-50 is only 1-5/8" high allowing it to be placed on a rack shelf within a 1U high rack space. Two units can be placed side-by-side on a 19" wide shelf. Superior Audio Technology Yamahas relentless pursuit of sonic purity is clearly evident in the engineering of the WXC-50. The preamp circuitry uses the same high-performance ESS digital-to-analog converter (DAC) found in high-end Yamaha AV receivers and a proprietary power supply ground configuration prevents sound degradation. A 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality than conventional controls. A highly-rigid metal chassis supplies the stability necessary for clear powerful music reproduction. High-Resolution Audio The WXC-50 supports high-resolution audio including FLAC/WAV/AIFF up to 192 kHz/24-bit Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96 kHz/24-bit and DSD up to 5.6 MHz for more accurate reproduction of sonic details presence and atmosphere. Yamaha Proprietary Sound Processing The Compressed Music Enhancer greatly improves sound reproduction from smartphones or other compressed sources like MP3 files. Volume-adaptive EQ automatically adjusts the bass/treble balance according to the volume level. Advanced Bass Extension Processing provides a deeper richer low-end sound great for use with compact or in-wall speakers. Direct playback mode allows you to play back high-resolution audio sources just as they are without any processing. Player Mode If you want to adjust volume from a connected Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver the WXC-50 allows you to turn off "preamp" mode and use the device as a network audio player. Switching to "player" mode bypasses the volume control and any processing allowing direct playback of high-resolution audio. One-Touch Controls Pressing any button on the front panel turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source providing quick and easy access to your favorite music. The WXC-50 also comes with an ultra-slim remote offering six presets so you can quickly access your favorite Internet radio stations even when your smartphone or tablets not handy. Pro-Grade Connectivity and Control The WXC-50 supports professional-grade features including: Wired Ethernet port Wireless off switch Optical and analog inputs Digital optical and coax outputs Subwoofer out Trigger in/out Remote in Convenient Connectivity with Select Yamaha Hi-Fi Amplifiers The WXC-50 provides a convenient way to connect with select Yamaha Hi-Fi amplifiers that have main in and trigger inputs. When connected in the manner shown here the Hi-Fi amplifiers system power can be turned on and the volume can be controlled via the MusicCast app. Low Power Consumption The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode. When the power is on power consumption is still a low 5 W and even when used for long periods power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition the Auto Power Standby feature lets you save energy by automatically turning the power off after two four eight or 12 hours. WXC-50 Features: MusicCast MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your home wirelessly. Whether you start with a single speaker or the ultimate home theater MusicCast expands to fit your needs providing wireless multiroom audio playback controlled by a simple app. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products provide the best user experience and carry the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo ensuring products meet industry-agreed requirements for interoperability security and reliability. Choosing Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products enables you to mix and match devices from different manufacturers without worry. All Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products deliver interoperability and industry standard security. Wi-Fi Protected Setup Wi-Fi Protected Setup is designed to ease set up of security-enabled Wi-Fi networks in home and small office environments. It supports methods (pushing a button or entering a PIN) that are familiar to most consumers to configure a network and enable network security. It gives consumers an easier approach to set up a security-protected Wi-Fi connection either between devices or in a network configuration. AirPlay AirPlay provides the convenience of wireless music playback from iTunes iPod / iPhone / iPad and Mac or PC. DLNA Certified The DLNA Certified logo ensures that all relevant mandatory formats and features are supported by the products and confirms interoperability between devices in support of mandatory formats and features. DLNA Certified is a trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance. Bluetooth Bluetooth is a technology for wireless communication between devices within an area of about 10 meters (33 ft) employing the 2.4 GHz frequency band a band which can be used without a license. The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc. Made for iPod / iPhone / iPad Made for iPod iPhone and iPad means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod iPhone iPad and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Spotify Connect With the Spotify app on your smartphone you have instant access to millions of songs. Now you can stream these songs to your Yamaha networked AV receiver when using Connect by Spotify. Just hit play to start streaming music. Additionally when you listen to music on your smartphone outside and come inside the song immediately streams to your AVR. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music. Spotify Spotify is all the music youll ever need with millions of songs ins
- USB Yes
- iPod Supported Yes
- Number of Analog Audio Inputs 2
- Number of Digital Coaxial Outputs 1
- Number of Digital Optical Inputs 1
- Number of Digital Optical Outputs 1
- Product Type Preamplifier
- Manufacturer Part Number WXC-50DS
- Manufacturer Yamaha Corporation
- Product Model WXC-50
- Product Name WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Preamplifier
- Brand Name Yamaha
- Package Contents
- WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Preamplifier
- Remote Control
- DLNA Certified Yes
- Bluetooth Yes
- Ethernet Yes
- Wireless LAN Yes
- Weight (Approximate) 3.17 lb
- Color Dark Silver
- Height 1.6"
- Width 8.4"
- Depth 9.6"
- Operating Power Consumption 5 W
- Minimum Frequency Response 20 Hz
- Maximum Frequency Response 20 kHz
- Internet Streaming Yes
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) 0%
- Streaming Service SiriusXM
- Streaming Service Pandora
- Streaming Service Spotify
- Streaming Service Rhapsody
- Streaming Service AirPlay
- Streaming Service iTunes
- Limited Warranty 2 Year
Return and Tax Policies
You can return an item within the first 30 days from the shipping date. We'll gladly exchange it or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise-whichever you prefer. All returned or exchanged items must be in their original box and include packing material, manuals, and all accessories. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs and a 10% restocking fee will be collected on all opened items unless shipped damaged or defective and must be reported within 24 hours upon receiving the product. When your returned product arrives at Abt, either a refund will be issued or we will exchange your product and send a new one out to you. If you have received a defective unit, some manufacturers may require one service call to diagnose the issue.
- 15 day limit on the return of camcorders, digital cameras, GPS navigation, PDAs, portable DVD players, computers & accessories, sunglasses and watches.
- 10% restocking fee for all opened items unless damaged or defective.
- Opened satellite boxes & systems (or activated cards) may not be returned. Exchanges can be done through the manufacturer.
- No returns on opened computer software, video games and gaming systems.
- Perishable items (water filters, coffee beans, etc.) cannot be returned.
- Free shipping (and reduced shipping) promos do not apply to return/exchange shipping on freighted items (50 lbs or more).
How To Return
1. Call us at 1-800-914-1892 to request a RA (Return Authorization) number. Items cannot be returned and will not be accepted if you do not include a RA number. If you think an item you ordered might be defective, please call Abt technical support at 1-800-914-1892. Often, they can help you solve setup and installation problems by troubleshooting with you over the phone. If it turns out you do need to return a product, call the Abt customer service department at 1-800-914-1892 and have your invoice number ready.
2. Pack up your merchandise. The item should be returned in the manufacturer's box with all accessories (manual, remote, wires, etc.) along with a copy of your original invoice. Please use the original outside box. A safely packaged and complete return is less likely to incur damage or a restocking fee. Please contact us for instructions on how to pack oversized or freighted items.
3. Attach the appropriate shipping labels. Remove old shipping labels or mark out the original tracking numbers before attaching the new shipping labels. We recommend that you use UPS Ground Service "Insured." To find the nearest UPS location, please call (800) PICK-UPS. If you live within the Chicago area, you can return or exchange your merchandise directly at our store.
Refusing A Package
If you should place an order with Abt and then refuse a package for any reason other than damage to the package, please know that you will receive a refund for the amount of your original transaction less any shipping charges we incurred in getting the package to you originally as well as the cost of the return shipping.
Abt does not collect sales tax on any item ordered to customers outside our normal truck delivery area. If you live within Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana or Michigan, you will incur taxes at the rates listed. IL residents pay 8.75% sales tax, WI sales tax is determined by delivery point (5% to 6.1%), IN residents pay 7% sales tax, and MI residents pay 6% sales tax. You may be required to remit sales tax to your local taxing authority.