With the new LaCie Rugged, even if you go off-road, your project stays on time. With IP 54-rated resistance to the elements and blinding-fast speeds through Thunderbolt and USB 3.0, you dont have to compromise between durability, mobility, and speed.
- No-Compromise Speed
Get lightning-fast transfer speeds on Mac and PC thanks to the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces. With the SSD version, the LaCie Rugged delivers up to 387 MB/s one of the fastest bus-powered products available*. The hard disk version performs at up to 122 MB/s, a 35% improvement over FireWire 800. Back up and transfer mountains of data in a fraction of the time. Enjoy noticeably more responsive photo library browsing.
Universal Connectivity Don't let your project get derailed by incompatibility between your external drive and your computer. With both USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt interfaces, the LaCie Rugged is a perfect match for your Mac and PC. Since USB 3.0 is backward compatible, you can connect it to any standard computer, anywhere. The integrated Thunderbolt cable also stows neatly when not in use, so that youll never lose it. The LaCie Rugged is also fully bus powered through the USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt cables. Its portability and interfaces make it the must have sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook.
All-Terrain Data Protection Your data is irreplaceable, so its vital to protect it against any conceivable mishap wherever you go. That's why LaCie made the new Rugged tougher than ever. Its MIL compliant, which means that data is protected even during accidental drops of up to two meters (6.6 feet). During transit, connect the removable cover to provide IP 54-level protection against dust and water. Whether the LaCie Rugged takes a jarring bicycle ride or gets splashed by a mud puddle, you stay confident that your data is still accessible. The SSD version goes a step further for the ultimate in resilience against vibration and shock. Both versions are tough enough to be shipped for reliable delivery to clients or partners. Included software even protects your files from prying eyes with AES 256-bit encryption.
User-Friendly Software Suite Included Automatic Backup: Easy setup and automatic backup for both Mac and PC. Password Protection: With military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, LaCie Private-Public protects your files from unauthorized access with password protection.
- Form Factor : Portable
- Drive Interface : USB 3.0
- Hard Drive Range - External : 1 TB - 2 TB
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.