Designed from the ground up as a companion to the GoPro HERO, the Solo Quadcopter from 3D Robotics features aerial imaging-specific flight modes including Cablecam mode and Follow Me. A quad-rotor configuration, flight stability and autonomous flying are enabled thanks to a twin computer flight control system. The flight controller relies on GPS for navigational coordinates, plus uses data from gyros, accelerators, and other sensors to keep the aircraft safely flying. The Solo is designed to be paired with the separately available Solo Gimbal, a 3-axis stabilizer compatible with the aGoPro HERO3+ or HERO4 action camera.
This is a ready-to-fly bundle, featuring a pre-bound transmitter (radio controller) that has been styled after a video game controller for more intuitive operation. In addition to dual joysticks for flying, it features dedicated dials for operating the optional Solo Gimbal. In addition to the transmitter, there is a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app provides full control over the aircraft, gimbal, and even the GoPro itself. A mount is provided so that you can mount your smartphone directly to the transmitter.
A flight battery providing up to 25 minutes flying time as well as a charger are included. In addition, the included transmitter features its own dedicated battery.
"Smart Shot" Aerial Video Flight Modes
Lock the Solo onto a virtual cable between any two points in space - even at different altitudes. This allows you to create a linear tracking shot with the ability to pan and tilt the camera freely. Any deviation from the "cable" is automatically prevented. Additionally, the Solo can memorize your first and last frames and pan the camera between them - all you have to do is use one stick on the controller to move Solo up and down the cable
The Solo can automatically circle any subject of your choosing, keeping the camera pointed at the subject to capture an iconic "wrap-around" shot. You can adjust the circle's radius to get the exact frame you want, even midflight
With one touch Solo will fly up and away from you, keeping the camera centered on you so the scenery around you expands in a dramatic aerial pullout shot
In this mode the Solo with track a GPS-enabled mobile device. It can follow from behind, stay beside the subject, or fly ahead with the camera looking back
Dual Computer Flight Control System
The flight control system incorporates two computers, enabling advanced autonomous flying features such as Cable Cam and Follow Me. Additionally, splitting up the work across two computers reduces the likelihood of mechanical failure in flight for an even safer flying experience
Take off, land, and return home automatically. And if you panic, don't worry: There's the "pause" button - much like a video game
If you need to release the controls for a moment or wish to capture a static shot, simply press the "Pause" button for the Solo to hold in a fixed hover. When you're ready, just press "Pause" again to resume flying
This flying mode limits the range and altitude the Solo can fly. Typically, the maximum flight ceiling is restricted to less than 400' and the aircraft is limited to flying within a user-specified radius
Video Game-Style Controls
The transmitter (radio controller) features ergonomics inspired by video game controllers. This design is intended to make it easier for pilots just starting out to learn how to fly
- Battery Chemistry Lithium Polymer (Li-Polymer)
- Battery Rechargeable Yes
- Maximum Battery Run Time 0.42 Hour
- Product Type Toy Drone
- Manufacturer Part Number SA11A
- Manufacturer 3D Robotics, Inc.
- Product Name Solo Toy Drone
- Product Line Solo
- Brand Name 3DR
- Weight (Approximate) 3.30 lb
- Power Source Battery
- Operating Range 2641.08 ft
- Features LED Indicator
- Features LED Light
- Features GPS
- Recommended Age 18+
- Fuel Type Electric
- Number of Rotors 4
- Flying Mode Autopilot
- Remote Control Source Remote Controlled
- Toy Class Remote Controlled Vehicle
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.