The Baader Planetarium HYP-8 Hyperion 68-degree Modular Eyepiece offers world-class performance and unique photo-visual features. No longer do amateurs need to spend more on their eyepieces than their primary instrument in order to get true high-end performance in a wide-field eyepiece. Not just a different branded version of their highly regarded cousins, the Hyperion has been totally redesigned to deliver better transmission, contrast and useful new features. Baader Planetarium has worked hard to give the Hyperion the world's finest optical coatings, superb mechanics and their unique multifunctional design.The Hyperion delivers superb sharpness and color fidelity across their 68-degree wide, flat-field, even in fast telescopes. From their superb on-axis and off-axis sharpness to their pitch-black high contrast field, the Hyperion really works. Viewing through a Hyperion is notably comfortable and relaxing, due to their forgiving eye-position, 20 mm of eye-relief, extra-large eyelens and an optical design that is free of annoying 'kidney-beaning' and blackouts.
- Accepts popular Astigmatism Correcting Lenses. The Hyperion eyelens housing is compatible with the full range of correcting lenses from 1/4 to 3-1/2 Diopters
- Accepts Televue Dioptrx astigmatism correction lenses
- Compatible with both 1.25" and 2" focusers and great for binoviewers
- Consisting of 8 elements in 5 groups, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over a true 68-degree wide field, along with a comfortable 20 mm of eye-relief
- High grade water-white glasses are used throughout to deliver a crystal clear view with low scatter and excellent color fidelity, free of the yellow or bluish coloration imparted by many other eyepieces
- High index glass and specially designed coatings yield darker sky and more stars than competitors
- Soft folding rubber eyecups work for both normal and eyeglass users. Each Hyperion comes with protective lens caps and leatherette storage pouch
- Superb fit and finish. Eyepiece barrels are accurate to size, nicely machined, and hard-anodized
- The Baader Hyperion incorporate some unique and innovative aspects, which are designed to make them the ideal projection eyepiece
- The Baader Hyperion Telescope 8 mm Eyepiece delivers a true 68-degree field of view with 20 mm of eye relief
- The Baader Hyperion Telescope 8 mm Eyepiece is designed with internal baffling to eliminate ghost reflections and stray light
- The Baader Hyperion Telescope 8 mm Eyepiece is famous for sharp, high-contrast images with a flat field, even in fast telescopes
- The eyelens barrel has been provided with two different external threads, M43 and M54 (these are covered by the removable rubber eyecups)
- The front negative lens element is designed to be removed (and exposes an M48 2" filter thread). This converts each Hyperion into a longer focal length high-quality projection eyepiece, giving the imager two choices of focal length with each eye"
- The Hyperion multi-coatings and coating equipment are proprietary to Baader and have been designed by coating engineers specifically for the Baader Hyperion, and optimized for each of the glasses used
- The optical design of the Hyperion enables them to work as an extremely sharp wide-field projection eyepiece for even large chip CCD and DSLRs
- The proprietary Hyperion housings have been engineered by Baader to incorporate careful opto-mechanical design and execution of internal baffling to eliminate stray light and ghost reflections
- Works in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for filters and kept short (0.94") to work well in binoviewers and spotting scopes. Baader's new housing incorporates a full-length 2" barrel (0.94" long)
- Age Range : 15 & up
Return and Tax Policies
- For the first 14 days of your purchase you may return the merchandise for a full money back refund, excluding any shipping charges
- No RMA number is required to return an item, simply download and fill out the Return Merchandise form
- All returns must meet our guidelines and include the Adorama or Rakuten.com Shopping Order#s
- Returned or exchanged products must be in brand-new, mint condition, and have all original manufacturers packaging, materials and accessories, including instruction booklets, packing inserts, and blank warranty cards.
- Merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned
- The original manufacturer's labeled packaging should be enclosed within an outer shipping box. Please do not write or place shipping labels or stickers on the manufacturer's packaging
- Securely package the product and include the filled out Return Merchandise Form and a copy of the original invoice
- Ship the parcel back to us freight prepaid. We do not accept COD or freight collect shipments. We recommend a shipping method that provides tracking and insurance.
- Ship to:
7 Slater Drive
Elizabeth, NJ 07206.
- Items that qualified for free shipping that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from refund or credit. The return shipping cost (the cost to send an item back to us) is not refundable.
- Please allow up to 8 business days after we receive the package for your return/exchange/refund to be processed. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the return is processed.
Items from the following categories may not be returned once opened:
- DVDs and video tapes
- Bulbs and flash tubes
- Ink cartridges
- Memory cards
- Any item which has been removed from its "blister-pack"
- Printerscannot be returned once toner, ink or ribbon cartridges have been installed
- LCD and plasma TVs and monitors 20" and highercan not be refused or returned once they have shipped, if refused or returned the shipping and handling charges for both ways will be deducted from the credit, and at our discretion a restocking fee might also be deducted. (Any warranty claim must be taken up with the manufacturer directly)
- Note: Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition. DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is. If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.
- Underwater photography equipmentcannot be returned once they have been used in water
- Cell phones and smart phones- phones will only be accepted for credit or exchange if they register less than 10 minutes cumulative talk time and show no sign of use, defective phones will be exchanged for the same model only.
- Notebooks and computerscannot be returned or exchanged once opened or unwrapped
New Jersey and New York state residents are subject to sales tax.
All California state residents are subject to sales tax by Rakuten.com Shopping
Duties and Taxes The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country and brokerage fees / custom clearance charges which may be imposed by the carrier . These charges must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. In the event a shipment is refused and returned, any taxes, duties, custom fees , brokerage fees or shipping charges incurred from this return, will be the responsibility of the customer.